Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 10/1/12 – Die Cutting Machines

This topic contains 61 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Let's talk about die cutting machines this week. Which one is your preferred and why? Even if you don't own one – what would you buy? If you do have one… what do you cut most with it – shapes, flowers, flourishes, titles etc.???

I will admit that I don't have one. My rationale is I prefer to spend on chipboard and letters. Plus, I am a punch junkie and have over 50 punches (but we will chat about punches in next week's question of the week).

I have a feeling this thread may end up changing my mind though, LOL!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I love my Vagabond! I love my Cameo! I think those are the best machines out there.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have the Slice….hate it….don't use it!!!

I have the Cricut….don't like it anymore!

I have the Big Shot….love it..don't use it as much as I should.

I don't think that I'm going to invest in another machine.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Love my Cuttlebug! It works with everything I've tried so far w/o any problems. If it ever dies I may buy a Vagabond, but until then I'm happy with my little bug.

I also own a Cricut (the original one), but it is very neglected (mainly because it's easier to grab a die than try to find the right cart, figure out the correct size, and hope it cuts beautifully the first time…. and I'm lazy! My goal for next year is to use it every month….

I have a Vagabond and I LOVE it because it cuts every single die I have.
        I have a Cricut Expression and I LIKE it a lot, but I only have 4 carts that I really love. I don't use it as much as I thought I would.
        I have a Cuttebug that I will only use if my Vagabond fails. It also cuts every die I have.
        I have the Original Sizzix…LOL…I wont get rid of it for sentimental reasons. Silly I know.
        I cant see living without one. Yes, I love premade chipboard, but the vast majority of dies I own give me endless possibilities.

I am definitely a punch Whore…But that is another story!!

Sounds like so far the cuttlebug would be the best bet for a once in a while type of person. I'm lazy – hate fussy cutting and the thought of messing around with dies (yet I can spend hours on perfecting handmade flowers – go figure!), LOL.

I have a Vagabond, which I totally love, but don't use it as often as I SHOULD! I'm getting a new die (vintage lace) for my birthday, so I probably will get my Vagabond out again.

I am seriously thinking about the Cameo…

Honestly….I'd think about buying the Cameo just because….I don't really need it 'cause I can cut anything from the Silhouette site except the ones that you have to draw or use ink pens on……
        Besides….I'm so strapped for $$$ until my daughter graduates. Come on January!!!

Vicky, the only dies that can't be cut in the Cuttlebug that are more than 6 across on the smaller edge, such as the super-large dies for a 12wide die platform or the large Spellbinders made for the Grand Caliber machine. The TH dies all work just fine!! (Trust me on this…. I have most of them… lol)

I'd seriously think about passing along my Cricut to someone else if it hadn't been an anniversary present from DH the year they released. I have a ton of carts and never use them.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

LOVE, LOVE my Vagabond it cuts every die on the market and all materials as well, can't do that with a Cuttlebug.

LOVE, LOVE my Cameo it cuts the most intricate pattes like butter and you can't go wrong with .99c per design

I have a Cuttlebug for crops, a Cricut Personal, for crops (only took it 1 time) and I am trying to sell a Cricit Expression and a Cricut Imagine. Hate having to figure out what cartridge, find the cartridge, etc.

I have a Vagabond, which I love.

My Silhoutte Cameo is on the UPS truck to be delivered today…

I have a cuttlebug and never use it. But after reading you can use it on TH dies I might drag that baby out because I was looking at TH's wood embossing folder and so wanted it…but wasn't sure it would work on the Cuttlebug..

I did have the Silhouette SD but just upgraded to the Cameo, I'm giving my old SD to my daughter. I adore the Cameo! And know from my SD experience that Silhouette has the best customer service out there! One time I had a problem and the tech guy signed into my computer and I watched as he moved things and fixed it..
          Another time I contacted them and they responded the same day and answered all my questions…

I used my SD all the time and I see me using the Cameo even more because of all the gorgeous 12 inch borders and background…so so pretty!

I have a Cuttlebug for crops, a Cricut Personal, for crops (only took it 1 time) and I am trying to sell a Cricit Expression and a Cricut Imagine. Hate having to figure out what cartridge, find the cartridge, etc.

I have a Vagabond, which I love.

My Silhoutte Cameo is on the UPS truck to be delivered today…

Are you stalking the UPS guy? :o)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.