Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 11/19/12: Being Green

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What do you do to be green in regard to scrapbooking?
      Hoarding something instead of throwing it away doesn't count!

Here are some things that I do:

1. Save all plastic packaging and use them like disposable craft sheets when painting or inking.
      2. Use the pop dot negatives for small pieces I want to pop.
      3. Reuse the plastic that our kits come in for scraps of that kit to keep them organized.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I like to save the packaging from scrap goodies to use in my layouts. I also like to save the cello that the flourishes are on to use as pattes for my handmade flourishes.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Ditto to 1. and 2.
          I use a USPS box with one side cut out as a color catcher.
          Any boxes that are pretty deeply corrugated are cut up for use. (Still one of the best things I EVER leaed from Swirlydoos!!!)
          And I do save the prettier packaging to use as tags and layers.

I use the chipboard backing from paper packs to make die-cut elements.

I echo, Rae's – Steph's and Peggy's answer.

I use the chipboard backing from paper packs to make die-cut elements.

Ditto!

I save the paper packaging from Prima & Petaloo for a girlfriend who uses them in her mixed media art, and I save the acetate packaging from things like TH products for die-cuts and as stamp blocks for fun foam stamps cut from dies. I have a paper shredder in my scrap room; when my box of scraps is full and I feel ambitious I will shred and make handmade paper for projects (which I need to do again!).

Snagg1
            Send PM

Hmmm…..are we talking green with envy??? I get that sometimes in scrapbooking :P

Like Rae, I like to use the negatives from templates cut, or pop dots. I also like using household items to stamp with; not that I do it often, but I have in the past and enjoyed it. Items such as wine corks, beeswax candles (really cool textured effect), bottoms of glasses, etc.

Lately the pretty Prima and Petaloo packaging and the kfraft bags that Krissy sends my flower add-on in. I also use the plastic bags the papers come in to organize other papers later on or to send finished layouts to relatives.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I save my Tim packaging and the kit boxes

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I'm right there with you Rae and Peggy.

I do use some of the kraft bags that our kits come in, I save the Prima and Petaloo packaging, I use the leftovers from the pop dot sheets, I have used toilet paper rolls to make leaves, (thanks to Paulien), used dryer sheets for flowers, the backs of paper pads for chipboard cut outs and now, after reading through these, I have even more ideas!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I do a lot of the same things as you guys–I made a paint booth out of a box for misting things; I recycle the heavy duty tags that come on clothes into mini masterpieces to use on other projects; I have a serious addiction to packing materials; I use a ton of the black plastic trays (that come with stuff like caitas and pulled pork at Costco)–great for organizing supplies in my art shack.

I am not a very green scrapper. I used to save stuff, but I don't as much anymore. It just sits in my room.

I do use the Prima and sometimes TA and Petaloo packs, but that is about it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.