Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 11/26/12: Most Inspirational Artists

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Who is a scrapbooker that has been the most inspirational to you and why? How has she/he influenced your own style?

Snagg1
        Send PM

I am a huge fan of Julie Fei Fan Balzer! She is a scrapbooker and mixed media artist and she is awesome. I've taken classes with her at a few art retreats and she is fearless in her creativity and wonderfully talented. Here is a link to her blog.

http://balzerdesigns.com/About.html

I have really been influenced by Robin Schelin in my scrapbooking. Over at sb.c, I always used to drool over her LO's and loved the way she used flowers and circles. She is the reason I found Swirlydoos! Since I have been here, I have been influenced by everyone! There is always something new to lea and try! We have the best DT ever!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'd have to say it was Gabrielle Pollacco that really influenced me with her beautiful layouts. When I found sb.com and then came across Gabi's beautiful shabby/chic style layouts I was just in awe of it all. Through Gabi I found My Creative Scrapbook and from there found my way here to Swirlydoos. Everyone here influences me everyday with their creativity. I look back now to my first layouts and they are just so boring, lol.

Mine are both fellow Canadians and scrappy friends – Tara Orr and Gabrielle Pollacco. There are a lot of artists I like though. Prima definitely has one of the best manufacturer DTs and I can always find great inspiration on their blog. I think Asuka Miyamoto is THE most artisitic scrapbooker I have ever come across – http://machu-gotta-scrap.blogspot.com

VERY interesting question!

I think that Irene influenced me to try new techniques. She made me unafraid!

And that NOW Heidi has been a great influence as well as all the member's of this DT and Steph Devlin. I find inspiration is everywhere!

For me, it's Lisa Gregory – I drooled over her layouts at sb.com until I just had to have the kits, thus becoming a swirlygirl. Once I joined, she has been very supportive of my work and encourages me to try new things. She's local too, so I've had the opportunity to actually meet her in person.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I have really been influenced by Robin Schelin in my scrapbooking. Over at sb.c, I always used to drool over her LO's and loved the way she used flowers and circles. She is the reason I found Swirlydoos! Since I have been here, I have been influenced by everyone! There is always something new to lea and try! We have the best DT ever!

It's Robin for me too- same reason! When I saw her stuff, I was like, THAT'S what I want my stuff to look like. Her designs are so wonderful. I miss her work, and her soooooo much around here.

These are the layouts that really made me want to scrap like Robin when I grow up:
            0953_1.jpg

you1009_1.jpg

enchanting003_1.jpg

And, I would say that Manda inspired me to try misting. I love it, but was always afraid to do it because i didn't want to mess up my pages. When I saw her work, I was definitely inspired to just do it! just look at how she can work those mists:

time88_1.jpg

For me it was Gabrielle Pollacco. Her attention to detail and the balance of her layouts are so pleasing to the eye for me.
            I just adore her style. So shabby chic.
            Maria, you are so sweet! If I have inspired just one person, then I did my job as an artist!!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Mine are both fellow Canadians and scrappy friends – Tara Orr and Gabrielle Pollacco. There are a lot of artists I like though. Prima definitely has one of the best manufacturer DTs and I can always find great inspiration on their blog. I think Asuka Miyamoto is THE most artisitic scrapbooker I have ever come across – http://machu-gotta-scrap.blogspot.com

I checked out the link for Asuka Miyamoto and her work is so light and beautiful and delicate–I can see why you like it!

Aww, Rae, you are TOO sweet! <3

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Wow great question!

I'd have to say Swirlydoos as a whole helped me begin to branch out and grow.

Anna Dabrowska MOST definitely! Her style is so unique and chunky. definitely pushed me to grow in a whole different direction.

Donna Downey – for her color inspiration. Fantastic artist.

Most recently Lene Bjoerud and Ayeeda over at the color room. their work is so over the top and phenomenal.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Tim Holtz/Ranger…when I first entered the Scrappy World 6+ years ago….I knew nothing….and I started following Tim, became Ranger Certified….and I entered the Grungy…Distressy….Shabby world of creating!!!

I love my SwirlyDT members……their creative abilities TOTALLLLLY BLOW me away and push me to dig deeper into my creative self!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

how does one become Ranger certified?

how does one become Ranger certified?

I was asking myself the same question – what does that mean/involve?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.