Home Forums Scrap Chat Contests 12 Days of Christmas Contest – Day 7

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Welcome to DAY 7 of the 12 days of Christmas Contest! Today I have a step by step tutorial on how I made the altered paper bag gift bag.
    For your assignment today, please make sure you check out the Swirlydoos Blog[/url].

here's the finished altered bag:
    giftbag_edited.jpg

So, lets get started!

giftbagstep1_edited.jpg
    Step 1. Trim your paper bag to 7 tall. Mine measured 5×10.75. Fold at 4.5 from the bottom, leaving a 2.5 flap. Using your favorite punch, punch the edges.

giftbagstep2_edited.jpg
    Step 2. Trim two pieces of cardstock (5×4.5) and patte paper (4.75×4.25) to fit inside over the paper bag's front and back panel.

giftbagstep3_edited.jpg
    Step 3. Treat these found pices by distressing, inking and machine stitching them.

giftbagstep4_edited.jpg
    Step 4. Add the front and back panel to the front and back side of the paper bag. Notice that my top flap is punched already.

giftbagstep5_edited.jpg
    Step 5. Trim two coordinating cardstock 1. (5×2.25) 2. (5×2)and punch the edges as well. Emboss the top cardstock and lightly ink the edges.

giftbagstep6_edited.jpg
    Step 6. Adhere the smaller piece over the larger and add a trim over it.

giftbagstep7_edited.jpg
    Step 7. Add this piece over the paper bag flap.

giftbagstep8_edited.jpg
    Step 8. Add a small trinket to the center of the flap to embellish.

giftbagstep9_edited.jpg
    Step 9. Stamp and die cut some holly leaves (Heartfelt Creations) and white wash and add a sentiment to a die cut circle. Gather a red flower as your embellishment. Add all these embellies to the front of your gift bag.

Here's a close up of the finished altered paper bag:
    giftbag2_edited.jpg

Hope you give this altered bag a try!!!

Gorgeous Amy!!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous gift bag, Amy! Thanks for the tutorial!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Yes, Gorgeous, I have to have a couple of these!

I just love this Amy – when I saw this on the blog hop – I was hoping it was going to be one of the 12 days projects. Here is mine – I wanted to use off colors. My papers are from Basic Grey – a few years back and my stash. I used a MS boarder punch I Prima Mistletoe. I used Icicle Stickles on my Snowflakes that I punched, then toped it off with one of the BoBunny embellies.

Ginger
      [img:width=600&height=338]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386444912_2715_FT225898_dec_7th_.jpg[/img]

Oh wow Ginger, it is Beautiful!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Amy this is beautiful, thanks for the step by step!

Ginger your so speedy and it came out so pretty, love the punch!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks Amy for the tutorial. I had a nice time creating this. I only changed a few things from her design. I used papers from the 2011 Christmas kit. The flowers are from a prima that I won from a christmas swirlydoos challenge one year.

[img:width=500&height=361]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386450584_431_FT225898_photo1a.jpg[/img]

Oh QT – I love it – especially the stocking they are too cute!!

Ginger

Beautiful QT!!! And I agree with Ginger, those stockings are way too cute!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Ginger, QT, I left love in the gallery…

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Here's mine; I used a gift bag from Michael's for my base and lots of last year's Kaisercraft Turtle Dove paper for my Distrezzed layers. The tag is from the Just Believe collection, also from December 2013.
              I coated the Prima wood icon with Tatterd Angels in Brick; when it was dry, I applied a coating of Inka Gold.
              That vine is a Petaloo that I've been hoarding; I sprayed the white blossoms with Lindy's Fabio in South Shore Sand to give them an aged look.

[img:width=371&height=597]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1386453022_36_FT225898_20131207_twelve_days_7.jpg[/img]

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Beautiful QT!!! And I agree with Ginger, those stockings are way too cute!!!

Thank you everyone. Can you believe I got those stockings years ago at the dollar store scrapbook section.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Peggy, your gift bag is cute!! I love how you treated the flowers!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Ginger, your gift bag is beautiful!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.