Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 2/3/2014: What techniques do you want to learn/master?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

So, it's a fact that mixed media has completely infiltrated papercrafting. What techniques do you want to lea or master?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I keep practicing paint splatters that leave just tiny specks. I love that look.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I keep practicing paint splatters that leave just tiny specks. I love that look.

I just figured out how to do this. Buy one of those rubber pastry brushes from the dollar store. It works perfectly. I just used it on this layout. It's the white splatters.

[img:width=600&height=588]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1391520275_131_FT230742_1619122_10202304738114359_1168668858_n.jpg[/img]

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I want to lea the painting with mist, so that it looks more random. I'm trying but haven't achieved the look I'm going for yet.

How are y'all getting the coffee cup stain looks. Not just a circle, but a little more. Is it a stamp or do y'all use the bottom of bottles?

Also drips down paper. That is what I was trying to do on my Fifteen p as per with the red, but it did not work. You know where the paint is dripping down the paper.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

How are y'all getting the coffee cup stain looks. Not just a circle, but a little more. Is it a stamp or do y'all use the bottom of bottles?

Also drips down paper. That is what I was trying to do on my Fifteen p as per with the red, but it did not work. You know where the paint is dripping down the paper.

I use a stamp for the cup rings. As for drips, I mist my paper while it is vertical.

Thanks Kim!!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

You can use a cup too, Ginger. When I went to an Anna Dabrowska class, she had us to that. She was drinking tea, and we used her cup, and her tea bag to achieve different effects. There's also stencils to get the rings.

Some people use an eye dropper to get the paint drips.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

That looks really good, Kim!

I just got the new pigment izink with the eye droppers. I thought I had ordered some of the droppers last week from somewhere and I got mister bottles (dork). Oh well, I can always use those too.
                  Thanks for the info. I am getting more and more supplies and will need to figure out how to use all of this stuff at one time or another.
                  Thanks for the info. I love the look of the coffee stains.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I need to lea HOW to make all of my splots and splats look random.
                    Suggestions?

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Beautiful Kim, and Beautiful picture of you! Great idea to use a rubber pastry brush…gonna try it. As far as techniques go I want to lea them all plus some. I love all of the mediums that are available now…so fun!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

[quote]

I just figured out how to do this. Buy one of those rubber pastry brushes from the dollar store. It works perfectly. I just used it on this layout. It's the white splatters.

[img:width=600&height=588]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1391520275_131_FT230742_1619122_10202304738114359_1168668858_n.jpg[/img]
                        [/quote]

Such a pretty photo and layout and what a great idea for the paint splatters, I'm going to get one of those the next time I'm at the dollar store!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I'd like to lea how to master all the stenciling and misting/drips.

I love new techniques. I'll try anything. TH makes a stamp set with the coffee ring and some drips.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.