Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 2/9/2015 Cutting apart flowers

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Do you cut apart or altered your packaged flowers?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

About the only altering I do to my packaged flowers is to paint the edges with gesso. I love getting white flowers and being able to spray them with mists to match a layout. If I think the center of one is kind of ugly, I will replace it with a pearl brad or a button. I guess I have ripped a large flower apart to make it smaller and easier to use on a LO.

I sometimes cut my flowers in half, if I want them just to peek out somewhere. I too paint the edges with gesso, and sometimes I mist them, paint with liquid pearls or other mediums. You can do so much to alter flowers!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have used paint, mist, stickles, Diamond Dust, cut them in half, pulled off the backs, and replaced the centers.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Oh yeah! I'm not scared to cut or tear flowers apart. Either to separate layers or to leave only a portion of the flower to peak out from something. I'll deconstruct vines too. And, yep, alter with mist, paint, ink etc.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I remember a time when I thought it was wrong to tear them apart…lol!! Now I do it often.

I've done a lot to change flowers. I like white flowers the best because you can make them any color.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I've to the flowers apart and cut them in half when I want them to peek out from somewhere, that way you have another one to use in the same way. Misted them and used gesso, stickles, mist on the edges.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Not as much as some of you, but yes, especially the flatties.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Like Peggy, I haven't done as much as some of you.

I cut, tear and paint flowers when I need them to fit in better in my design.

Yeah me too!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Yes why waste a whole flower if you just want some to peek out 🙂 and I've seen Wilma Voorhies spray her chippie and seperate that too!

I have never cut a flower in half! Not even a flattie….LOL

I have inked, misted, and even bued them, but never cut!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Bued them?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.