Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! 2nd Card tutorial using the March *Salutations* kit

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I sooooo love this GORGEOUS kit…. I simply couldn't stop making cards.
    Here's one for you with step by step instructions.

card_zps20733c09.jpg

And here's how it came together:

0m_zpsd40ce951.jpg
    For the base of my card, I folded a piece of red cardstock double, and cut it down to 5.6 x 6.6 I distressed the edges a little and inked it up using Paper Soft.

1m_zpsc478917a.jpg
    Then I cut a piece of cream cardstock at 5.5 x 6.3 and randomly inked it up.

2m_zps931d0311.jpg
    A piece of lace, (from my stash) was glued at the top, using Beacon 3 in 1 Craft Glue. Krissy has this in the boutique.

3n_zpsef955dc0.jpg
    Then I cut another piece of cardstock at 5.1 x 5.2

4m_zps9b5f2d48.jpg
    I didn't do anything to the edges, just glued it on top of the lace.

5m_zps3d3dde96.jpg
    I cut a paperbag at 4.4 x 5.3 and scratched the bottom edge with my nails. The notecard on the right side came in the Salutaions Main Kit.

6m_zps96f48ea5.jpg
    I glued both pieces like so. First the piece of paperbag, then the notecard.

7m_zpsaf15f788.jpg
    this Documented Daily strip was found on 1 of the papers. I slightly distressed it.

8m_zps80a0cbc4.jpg
    Then… OMW how I love this bling!!!! I cut a piece of it and glued it down, with the backside up.

9m_zpsc6c17467.jpg
    I had a hard time, figuring out what to do with these beautiful wood icon scissors, so I tranformed them into a new embellishment.

10_zps343a22a4.jpg
    I glued them together like this….

11_zps125ad557.jpg
    And put the rose on top of it.

12_zps886813e8.jpg
    Then I wanted to use this With Love tag and slightly distressed the edges and glued it down. I also glued down a piece of the red trim, using Beacon Fabri-Tac.

13_zps88d8e283.jpg
    The transformed embellishment, was glued at the right top, bringing all the layers together.

14_zpsa1745425.jpg

15_zpsac447f1b.jpg
    I placed my flowers.(I rubbed some inka gold on my flowers) And for the finishing touch I added some copper liquid pearls.

I hope you like it, and give it a try.

Here are some more cards, just for some extra inspiration

IMG_1273m_zpse6ef1463.jpg
    Jij bent jarig means: It is your Birthday.

1mo_zps37aa6da2.jpg
    een nieuwe woning means: A new home

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

These are gorgeous Paulien!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Love them all Paulien!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Paulien, this is gorgeous, as always! I adore the layers!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

You know, in a million years, I don't think that I could have come up with that idea with the scissors!!!!
          Thanks, Paulien, for the gorgeous cards, the tutorial, and (especially) your inspiration to look at my icons and chippies in a whole new way! !heart

I can't believe the way you put the scissors! Your tuts are great, Paulien.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Beautiful cards Paulien and such a clever idea to glue the scissors together, they almost look like a dial you'd see on a compass! TFS!

Beautiful! Makes me think that even I could make some cards!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Lovely as always, Paulien!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                Send PM

THese are great! I love the scissor idea!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.