Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! 2nd Card tutorial using the November *Autumn Rose* kit

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Did you all save your scraps????? Cause the tag I made for today, is made out of scraps mostly.

IMG_0648mon_zps2bf23a96.jpg

Here's a little peek in the creative process!

0mon_zpsb7ca3bc8.jpg
    This is what I started my tag with. A manilla tag #8 and strips of PP. Lots of scraps are going to be used up with this tag.

1mon_zps02ca04fa.jpg
    I used the Petaloo packaging on top. Distressed the edges a little and glued it down.

2mon_zps2f97a2d0.jpg
    Then I tore some strips of PP, and glued them to my tag. On some of them I distressed the edges.

3mon_zpsb8e5cf96.jpg
    I kept adding strips till my mailla tag was all covered.

4mon_zps693477aa.jpg
    I trimmed away the overlappings, distressed and inked the edges of my tag.

5mon_zps66f596cf.jpg
    I used this card to be my flip up page. distressed the edges a little.

6mon_zps723b7c9a.jpg
    I stapled 2 strips of the Heidi Swapp resist paper, which were colored with Peeled Paint Distress Stain and some moss green Papersoft. These strips will function as a hinge.

7mon_zps76420990.jpg
    I folded the strips in half and added Glossy Accents, to the top parts. The parts that are fold backwards, like in the picture.

8mon_zps1c48e9ff.jpg
    I placed it on my tag, and hold it down for a few seconds. Don't use too much glue. You don't want it to spill it all over.

9mon_zpse0af3f10.jpg
    This is an extra picture I took, to show you the open up function.

10-1mon_zpsfb57c665.jpg
    I covered up the Just Because saying, with a gorgeous Petaloo flower.

11mo_zps159be479-1.jpg
    I wanted to use this saying, on my tag, so I cut up the words in little strips.

12mon_zpsd94d4608.jpg
    I faux-stapled the first word and glued it down in place. Then I took one of the stamps that came in the Main Kit and stamped it, using Peeled Paint Distress PAINT, at the bottom part of the little flip up card. (Do I still make sense?)

**** Faux Stapling **** By this I mean, that I stapled the little word strip, but not to the front of my card. Just the word strip itself. I did not wanted to see the staple at the inside cover of my card, cause it would be in the way, for what I had in mind!

13mon_zps0161dc90-1.jpg
    I added the rest of my word strips and placed some pearls. For the bow: I took some sheer ribbon, plus the cord that came in the kit, shaped them into a bow and tied them together using some thread. Then glued it (hot glue) at my tag.

14mon_zps827e87f8-1.jpg
    On the inside I placed 2 stickers.(birdcage and butterfly) Dressed them up a little, first with some inking around the edges and then by adding some pearls and Stickles in Diamond.

15mon_zpsa4448c1f-1.jpg
    On the top part (backside of the front) I took another sentiment card that came in the kit, and glued it pocket wise, to the inside cover. This pocket can be used for a gift card or photo's or just for a sweet note to the reciever. (This is why I did faux stapling) I added some lace and pearls for the finishing touch.

IMG_0648mon_zps2bf23a96.jpg
    And I called it done!

I hope you like it and give it a shot! When you do, please share it with us.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

AMAZING!!!! Love how you used all of those scraps!

this is awesome! LOVE how you used up all of your tiny scraps! Great design too!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

How clever you are! To be honest, I usually don't save scraps this size. Thanks for reminding me that they can be used to make such a gorgeously designed tag, Paulien.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Ooooh this is just fabulous Paulien! I save all those little bits and pieces and this is a fantastic way of using them. I love the hinged piece on the front – such a creative idea!

Paulien, I love your card tutorials. Thanks so much!

Love the hinge idea!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Super cool–love it!! Thanks Paulien!

Thanks ladies!!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Fabulous card, now I need to get into all my left over bits! TFS

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Just had a fabulous afteoon making this card! Too dark to take a photograph but hopefully the weather will lift a bit tomorrow. Thanks Paulien – fabulous use of some well loved scraps! xx

I can't wait to see Jennie!!!!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Here's my card. I had so much fun using up all the little scraps from these fabulous Graphic45 Ladies Diary papers. Thank you Paulien! x

[img:width=279&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1385901325_896_FT225117_dscf2497.jpg[/img]
                  [img:width=272&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1385901325_896_FT225117_dscf2500.jpg[/img]

Oh My! Somehow, I missed this one! Paulien, once again a gorgeous card and tutorial!

Jennie, your card is stunning! Love the colors and the pps you chose!

Thank you Cheryl!

Jennie…. Your tag is over the top GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing honey!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.