Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! 2nd Card tutorial using the October *Sweetest Thing* kit

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I created another step by step card tutorial with this month's kit. I do have to apologize for the bad photo quality, cause I ran out of day light.
    Here's the card I made for today:

IMG_0355monkeydrop_zpsd58d5b19.jpg

And here's how it came together:

0mon_zps1779d6b0.jpg
    For the base of the pocket I cut a piece of PP at 6 x 7 Fold it double lenght wise.

1monk_zps67f5b17e.jpg
    I distressed and inked the edges and gave it a little spritz with home made GM.

2mon_zps24804120.jpg
    I cut another piece of PP at 4.3 x 5.2 Fold it lenght wise. This piece will close up the pocket.

3mon_zps898a69b4.jpg
    I flipped the pocket, and glued half of the closure piece to the inside, like in the picture. Slided it as much as I could to the right, distressed, edge.

3-1mon_zps27850e80.jpg
    Added glue to the other half and a little line of glue at the bottom and folded the left side, to close the pocket.

4mon_zps04b0255c.jpg
    Like so!

5mon_zps6ef60527.jpg
    For the decoration of the pocket I cut a little piece of PP at 3.5 x 1.7 Distressed and inked the edges.

6mon_zpsdeefa04a.jpg
    I cut out this circle. Distressed and water colored the edges. (I used watered down Distress inks)

7mon_zps20980f64.jpg
    I fussy cut this little bird and inked the edges.

11mon_zps4f839c1b.jpg
    I took this little DA piece and dabbed some Texturez on it with my finger. After it dried, I added some Inka Gold, again using my finger. I placed everything on my pocket (NO GLUING YET) to see where to go next.

12mon_zps0c9d0c7f.jpg
    For the insert I cut 2 pieces of PP (measurements are in the picture) distressed and inked the edges.

13mon_zps59742041.jpg
    I glued them together like this. I didn't glue the banner all the way down, cause I want to be able to tuck something undeeath.

15monk_zpsefb1028c.jpg
    I pop-dotted the upper half of my circle and placed it somewhat in the middle of the pocket. I glued the little piece of PP ove the bottom half of the circle.

16mon_zps9d91e0ca.jpg
    I slided the insert back in and added a double bow which is topped of with a button. The crinkled ribbon is from a previous SD kit. I glued my DA piece in place as well as the bird.

8mon_zps79c3cfd3.jpg
    For my flower: I started out with this white flower and painted it with stormy skye distress ink. when it dried I gave it a spritz with GM in weathfield.

9mon_zps9795501b.jpg
    For the centre I took 3 stamen's and a beadcap, which I folded open.

10mon_zpsbf643013.jpg
    Run the stamen through the beadcap then trough the flower and secured the stamen to the back of my flower with a drop of hot glue.

14mon_zpsc3212e8a.jpg
    Of course I need a leaf too, but couldn't fine 1 that fits in my stash, so I look for one outside. I covered it with Fast Finish Decoupage (by Beacon Adhesives) and let it dry. This gives the leaf a protecting coat and makes it a little sturdier. (sp)

17mon_zps595a630e.jpg
    I glued them to the pocket like in the picture.

18mon_zps05edb91f.jpg
    For the finishing touch I added some bling strip, which came in the kit.

IMG_0355monkeydrop_zpsd58d5b19.jpg
    And lastly I stamped my sentiment and called it done.
    I hope you like it.

Snagg1
      Send PM

Love it Paulien! Beautiful fussy cut birdy!

oh wow! LOVE seeing the step by step Paulien! Love how you 'borrowed' a leaf from outside! Very clever! 🙂

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Paulien, this is so sweet!!!!!
        Thanks for the tutorial!!!! !heart

Beautiful card, Paulien! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I don't know how you manage to come up with such cool cards Paulien and I thank you for sharing your talent with us with these great tutorials!

Beautiful card, and thank you for the tutorial.

Thank you ladies!

Love this Paulien!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

This is awesome, Paulien!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.