Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 3/25/13- Scrap Breaks

This topic contains 33 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What is the longest you've gone without without scrapbooking, and why?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

When we moved from NV to CO, it was almost two months without scrapping. It was the first thing I packed up and the last thing I unpacked. It KILLED me. 🙂

6 months. I came home from a scrapbook retreat and between calving, branding, haying and getting ready for two weddings in one summer, I didn't get back to it. The good thing…my bags were still packed for the next retreat I went to, 6months later! LOL!

I haven't really stopped for more than 1 week at a time in the past 3 years because of design team requirements. I usually only take a break if I have no mojo or am gone on a trip where scrapping isn't possible. I have been known to scrap in my hotel bathroom while the kids are sleeping to make a deadline, LOL. I have slowed down and cut out some though — going from 8-12 projects per month in 2012 to 6-7 per month this year. It was too stressful.

About a year. Before I joined Swirlydoos, after we moved from one tiny town to a different tiny town, all we did was work on that house. I didn't have a spot, all my stuff was in tubs. 🙁 Since we got set up here, I haven't really stopped.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I think the longest I've gone is a week or two and usually only because we're away on vacation. Which speaking of that, Rae did you say you use to live in Las Vegas? I was wondering if they have any good scrap stores I could visit while I'm there since we'll be there for 7 days.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I think the longest I've gone is a week or two and usually only because we're away on vacation. Which speaking of that, Rae did you say you use to live in Las Vegas? I was wondering if they have any good scrap stores I could visit while I'm there since we'll be there for 7 days.

Well, if you are renting a car, there is one in Henderson that is about 20 minutes from downtown on Horizon Ridge Parkway, called Scrappy-Do. It was only less than five minutes from my house when I lived there. It's pretty small, but they have, or used to have a lot of good stuff. I'm not sure if they are still carrying the good stuff. 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I seem to be on a scrappy break ever since the UDC. My mojo has decided to take a break.

I am meeting up with some scrappy friends in about 2 1/2 weeks, hopefully that will get the juices flowing again

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I've had a few breaks that were about 6 weeks long due to surgeries. It took that long before I could sit up long enough to scrap, even though I still tried to scrap before then.

I still have week or 2 long breaks due to vacation or just long days at work.

A couple months or so from when I was laid off a couple years back… too depressed & too tired to scrap after job hunting. For the last year or so it's been either a scrap month or a mixed media month, but I'm always playing with something!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I took a break from scrapping for nearly 3 years prior to joining Swirlydoos last fall. I did some mixed-media and card making but I was just not inspired to scrap. The last year of my career was so incredibly stressful that I had only sporadic mojo. So happy to find this incredible place!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

[quote]

Well, if you are renting a car, there is one in Henderson that is about 20 minutes from downtown on Horizon Ridge Parkway, called Scrappy-Do. It was only less than five minutes from my house when I lived there. It's pretty small, but they have, or used to have a lot of good stuff. I'm not sure if they are still carrying the good stuff. 🙂
                    [/quote]

Thanks Rae. We're going to rent Harley for the day and drive down to Laughlin so maybe I can take my dh into stopping there on our way back.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Eek! No more than about a week or so in the past 5 years because of DT assignments. And when I did take a break, it was because of my boys being bo. 🙂 )

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

[quote]
                        [quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Rae. We're going to rent Harley for the day and drive down to Laughlin so maybe I can take my dh into stopping there on our way back.
                        [/quote]

Yeah- that's not out of the way at all, so it's doable.

Eek! No more than about a week or so in the past 5 years because of DT assignments. And when I did take a break, it was because of my boys being bo. 🙂 )

I think you deserve a ribbon or something – wow!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.