Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 3/31/2014: To Save or NOT to Save your Scraps…

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Do you save your paper scraps? If so, how do you organize them? How little is too little to save?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

My system is not quite complicated! I used to have a drawer for pp and a drawer for cs. I still have them, and I need to go through them. But, lately I have been buying Cropper Hopper files, so I keep all of a collection together with the little pieces of scraps.

I save TINY pieces. I NEVER use them, so I don't know why.

I also save little snippets of lace- no piece is too small. 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I only save scraps of certain paper lines. I don't save tiny pieces either. I have so much paper that if I saved scraps too I would literally drown in paper.

I do save tiny pieces of lace and bling though. You can always stick those somewhere on a layout or card.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I used to until it got ridiculous. I do however save every scrap of Prima in one dedicated Prima box..you just never know!

I used to save them, but I never use them, so what is the point? Just taking up precious scrappy space! Lol

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I have 6 baskets that are around 9 X 12 and I keep my scraps in those sorted by color. The baskets nest inside each other as long as they aren't too full! They fit neatly under my desk on top of a couple plastic drawer stacks. I do use my scraps but not in a huge way!! Once in a blue moon I go through and throw away the smaller scraps. I used them mostly for matting photos and making flowers and leaves.

I do save all my G45 scraps. I have my collections stored in those 12 x 12 plastic sleeves and I keep the scraps in there along with the papers.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I stopped saving the tiny ones quite a while ago, I actually never used them.
                As for the larger ones, I keep them with the rest of my pp.
                I'm pretty anal: papers are sorted by manufacturer and collection alphabetically because I suck at sorting by color.
                Anyway, I do try to use up the scraps before cutting into one of my lovingly hoarded full sheets.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I save a lot of my scrap pieces but not if they're really small. I have a tiny 5 petal flower punch and a lot of times I will take these small pieces and punch out as many as I can with the punch and make rosebuds out of them. They always come in handy for cards and layouts.

I have a drawer for patteed paper scraps and a drawer for Cardstock. The Cardstock is organized by color. No organization for the patteed paper. I just cleaned it out, getting rid of pieces that were less than a few inches. I use them for flowers, layers and photo mats.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I save my scraps until I'm done with a Kit and then out they go! I'm drowning in paper so I don't see the point. If it's a 6×12 solid card stock, I keep in the card stock file by color. Less than that, out it goes!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I save bits of green paper for leaves, but throw out anything smaller than 6. Except for G45, lace, or anything really special. It seems like when I try to use scraps, I end up needing more, and then I have to start over, so I gave up hoarding the smaller stuff.

I have two bins, one for card stock scraps and another for paper. Super small pieces I throw and keep the larger ones.
                    Yes..I too am a hoarder of everything. hhehe

I have one 8×8 bin that holds cardstock scraps, but aside from that I try not to save them. I used to, but I had so many scraps that it was ridiculous! I do save scraps when I'm working on a kit, particularly if it's something like using the January kit to scrap photos of the nieces, but when I file the kit on the shelf (to hoard… lol) I only keep scraps that are photo matte sized or larger. And honestly, I should really just recycle that bin of cardstock because I never seem to find what I need in there and nothing gets used. Maybe I'll die cut the lot one of these days…. 🙂

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I have a drawer for patteed paper scraps and a drawer for Cardstock. The Cardstock is organized by color. No organization for the patteed paper. I just cleaned it out, getting rid of pieces that were less than a few inches. I use them for flowers, layers and photo mats.

This is me as well.

If I ever make it back into my scraproom, I want to work more with art joualing and think I will hit the scrap drawers pretty hard for that.

Snagg1
                        Send PM

I don't save everything but I save a lot. I have a 12×12 stacking tub with a lid and I put everything in there and root through it for things to add to cards, layouts, and art joual pages. I purge it a couple of times a year and I have die cut flowers with some pieces before I toss the tiny ones. Good question.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.