Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 3/4/2013- Receiving Comments

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

(Sorry this is so late, guys) I think that we all like to receive comments on our projects, otherwise we wouldn't share them online. How important is it to you, and does it influence your creativity at all? And, do you make sure you leave love for others?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

For me, I like to share my projects online because I get so much inspiration online, and I think it's only fair to keep sharing ideas. I do like to get comments- it's flattering to know that other people like my things enough to take the the time to let me know. I am always humbled by that, especially when it's by people whose projects I just love.
        I have to say though, that if I don't receive any comments, I'm not really bothered if I post something, and it goes unnoticed so to speak. Especially in our gallery because we have the blog hops, and I don't think there is any reason for people to comment on my blog and in the gallery.

Well, I like to share projects I'm proud of, and I enjoy reading comments, but it's not the end of the world if no one comments on something. I'm very bad about posting anything, let alone to my blog or the gallery. I do try to comment on other people's projects, but I'm on the PC all day at work and not to spend too much time on the PC when I'm home so I'm not always consistent with it. *shrug* It is what it is. I'd rather spend more time playing and less time on the PC.

I love to get comments if I've worked really hard on something. But it doesn't bother me if I don't.
        As far as giving them. I find it hard sometimes with our challenges to leave a comment on the thread then tu around and leave one in the gallery. I try to do this..but it's so time consuming if your entering several challenges.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Hmmmmmm, good question.
          I can remember the first layout that I posted. I worked like crazy to do this page and I was satisfied to the point that I was able to gather up the courage to upload it on the forum (I made it for a challenge), in the gallery and over there. I did receive a few comments at SBC and a lot over here, all of them kind. And this is what encouraged me to create and upload more, trying so hard each time to do my best.

It's been a few years and now that I think of it, it's not the end of the world if my pages aren't commented on a lot. BUT I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I still like the warm and fuzzies.

I do try to comment here and over there when time allows. Some weeks, I seem to be able to post dozens of comments, some weeks I simply cannot, although I wish I could, I guess because I feel that if someone can take the time to leave me a hug, I should be able to retu the love.

(P.S. I admit to cheating. When I post a comment in the forum, I just copy and paste it in the gallery.)

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I agree- finding time to comment can be difficult. Sometimes, I would just rather spend my free time on the computer chatting here on the forums. I think it's not only kind, but can be very encouraging to give some one your thoughts on their work.

And, I don't think that's cheating, Peggy- it's smart. I haven't thought of that.

I remember how scared I was when I first posted a LO here. It was my first time ever posting a LO anywhere! I really enjoyed reading the comments that were posted and I found it helpful to hear what others thought. I do think the comments help inspire creativity. I try so hard to at least keep up on posting comments onthe challenges in the gallery. Sometimes, like now, when I have to be gone so much, I just never catch up. But, I really try. I love visiting the gallery and seeing all the marvelous work there and I try to relay what I enjoy about each project!

Peggy – that's smart. And thanks for letting us knoe, I have wondered how you mangaged to comment both in the thread and the gallery.
            I love getting comments and it means a lot to me, it's fun and it's inspiring.

Some years ago I had a long time not scrapping layouts, just making cards, and one reason for that was that I didn't get any or just one or to comments on my pages, on a big forum. My mojo got lost. The last two years I have scrapped alot of pages and that after I found a place where also I get comments. And in here I'm really amazed about all the comments. You really make me want to make more, to go further and do new things. Thank you!

I try to comment at least when I'm in a challenge. Sometimes it's hard to get the time, and I struggle using english, but the more I comment, the easer that is, so I should just go on.

Personally, I think commenting in the gallery for the most part is a waste. At least here. I would rather comment in the forum as part of a discussion than leave a comment under the layout. Although, I have missed layouts that are only in the gallery so I do feel bad that I do not comment there as much as I should, but dang, I hate hate hate the captchas.

I love to leave love and show appreciation. But, I don't necessarily think that comments under the layout are the best avenue here.

NOW, on sb.com it is a different story, there, unless you are in a challenge, it is the ONLY way to leave any love.

I really like commenting on FB. I think I like it the most. It is a little more personal that way.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I love reading all of the comments and it makes me feel so good when they are from people who's work I admire.I really do feel that peoples comments inspire you to create more layouts and cards and to try new things like the big challenge we just had.

I like to leave comments here in the forum on everyone's work but I do need to remember to go into the gallery and leave love also.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I try to leave love on the threads because I think more of our members visit the forums than the gallery . Our gallery is full of gremlins and I find it very annoying trying to leave comments and I too hate the captchas

I love to get comments or have people mark my project in some manner (a favorite, innovative, etc. I am really bad about commenting – i do mark, so the poster knows I looked and liked it. Here, I comment much more, but usually just in the forums, not the gallery.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I like to get comments and I like to give comments. I've gotten so much inspiration here and it is great to see all the ideas and techniques that are used on everyone's layouts and projects. I try to check the gallery as often as I can to leave comments and encouragement and I too hate the captchas.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Comments mean a great deal to me…it's why I'm here…to show my lo's and hear what you think of them and to see yours and say what I think of them…I don't always leave a comment unless I really mean it…and I wouldn't want someone to leave a comment on mine unless they dig it…what is a captchas?

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Barbara I was wondering the same thing, what's a captchas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.