Home Forums Scrap Chat Swaps 3rd Annual Holiday Card/Tag/ATC Swap ~~~ Thank You!!!!!!!

This topic contains 199 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 201 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

***A huge thank you to all of you who participated in the third annual Swirly Holiday Swap. Not only were your projects so, so beautiful, but it was such a pleasure to see, feel and examine all of your work up close. So I'm thanking you not only for the joy in receiving, but in the inspiration that you've all spread around!!!! (Hoping to see all of you back here next year!!!!)

For the past two years, we’ve had a holiday swap: an exchange of cards that was expanded last year to include tags and ATCs.
      They’ve been a huge success; I and all of the others who have participated treasure the gorgeous handmade creations that we’ve received in our mailboxes.

For those who’ve never participated, here’s how it works:

If you want to participate, please let me know in this thread.

As soon as you’ve signed up, PM me with your email and your full mailing address.

We’ll take signups through November 11. This will give you all plenty of time to make your cards/tags/ATCs.

As I receive your information, I’ll put it all together and email each participant a full list of names and addresses.

You will be expected to make and send a card to everyone who signs up. I can’t give you a mailing deadline, but please remember that we do want to make sure that our cards make to the recipients in time for the holidays.

A few of you (and one DH) have expressed conces about the number of cards that you're committing to.

While it's impossible to tell how many will sign up here, judging from the past two swaps, we're looking at around 12 – 15. Now, that is NOT a firm number; IF hoards of you end up deciding to join, I can always randomly assign a limited number to everyone. (I'd love feedback on that, please.)
      BTW, I did make a lot of cards for the past several years to send out to family and friends along with those that I sent our for the swap. I discovered very early on that the trick is assembly line: come up with 4 – 5 designs and make lots of each. I ended up with some really nice cards and did it all in under a week.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

*Waving my arm* Me! Me!

Going to the mail box was so much fun last year. For sure I want to do it again! Thanks Peggy.

Sign me up!

Yes please!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Alright, I'm in! I have sooooooooooooo much Christmas stuff, it's insane. This will give me a chance to dig into it!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm in as well. Have to use all my Christmas stuff too.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Seriously- I just don't make that many Xmas layouts, and I have a whole 12X12 Iris container filled with paper, and another one filled with embellishments. And, we have the Christmas kit coming in December, so I need to make a dent in it. My goal is to hopefully reduce my xmas stash to one container, so get prepared to receive a gaudy card from me! Or tag.

I'm in Peggy! I loved doing it last year!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

[quote]

Seriously- I just don't make that many Xmas layouts, and I have a whole 12X12 Iris container filled with paper, and another one filled with embellishments. And, we have the Christmas kit coming in December, so I need to make a dent in it. My goal is to hopefully reduce my xmas stash to one container, so get prepared to receive a gaudy card from me! Or tag.
                [/quote]
                Ditto with the tub. I love Christmas, but I don't do many layouts either. The way I see it, we have a good head start, right?

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Day one isn't over yet and we already have seven including me!!!!! 🙂

I'm in Peggy! Yay how fun, this will be my first year!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Eight!!!

And Little Mimi, it's so good to see you!!!! I've missed you around here!!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

So, Peggy all the cards don't have to be totally different???

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

No they don't Debbie. Most of us just made one version last year, to send to everyone.

Snagg1
                          Send PM

I want to play again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.