Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements 3rd Annual Holiday Card/Tag/ATC Swap

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

For the past two years, we’ve had a holiday swap: an exchange of cards that was expanded last year to include tags and ATCs.
      They’ve been a huge success; I and all of the others who have participated treasure the gorgeous handmade creations that we’ve received in our mailboxes.

For those who’ve never participated, here’s how it works:

If you want to participate, please let me know in the Swap thread.

As soon as you’ve signed up, PM me with your email and your full mailing address.

We’ll take signups through November 11. This will give you all plenty of time to make your cards/tags/ATCs.

As I receive your information, I’ll put it all together and email each participant a full list of names and addresses.

You will be expected to make and send a card to everyone who signs up. I can’t give you a mailing deadline, but please remember that we do want to make sure that our cards make to the recipients in time for the holidays.

Here’s the link for the signups; see you there!!!!!! http://www.swirlydoos.com/sd_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?178878.last

A few of you (and one DH) have expressed conces about the number of cards that you're committing to.

While it's impossible to tell how many will sign up here, judging from the past two swaps, we're looking at around 12 – 15. Now, that is NOT a firm number; IF hoards of you end up deciding to join, I can always randomly assign a limited number to everyone. (I'd love feedback on that, please.)
      BTW, I did make a lot of cards for the past several years to send out to family and friends along with those that I sent our for the swap. I discovered very early on that the trick is assembly line: come up with 4 – 5 designs and make lots of each. I ended up with some really nice cards and did it all in under a week.

Any idea on an approximate average of how many have signed up in the past. I'd love to do it, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew:)

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Maria, not that many. Judging from that past, firm signups range around 12 – 15. Subtract yourself from that and you get about maybe 14 to make and send.
        ***Remember, you don't have to send a card. We've also been doing tags and ATC cards, whatever each person wants to do.
        Please think hard of joining; I love your work and would love to get this chance to see a piece of it in person!!!!

Ok, I am in, as long as I have no serious flare ups that take me out of commission for a few weeks. If that happens after the sign up is complete, I will let you know. I need to PM you with email address and street address?

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Yes, your full name & address and your email.
          When everyone has signed up, I'll be making a master list of all names and addresses ONLY and will be sending them out to you via individual email. This way, none of this info is made public.
          Fingers crossed for you!!!!

Peggy – as much as I want to sign up for this I was checking my list of things I have to do before Christmas and if I get sick at all, I won't get it all done and I don't want to over extend myself or end up having to back out. so, I think I should probably not do it this year:(

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Maria, I understand. And better that you don't overcommit yourself, something that we all get close to doing over the holidays.
            Maybe next year.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I'd love to do this but I've got quite a few things coming up before Christmas so I'm not sure I'd be able to get them all done in time so I better say no :-(

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Steph, I understand. Maybe next year?

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Steph, I understand. Maybe next year?

Yes for sure, I always love doing things like that, we use to have a Christmas card swap in a graphics group I belonged to on the web. It was always so much fun when the mailman came – something other than bills, lol!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I LOVE something other than bills!!!!!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.