Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 4/14/2014: How many glues do you use?

This topic contains 46 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

So this question comes with a little story.

This weekend, dh was fiddling around with broken dowel for his plants and needed some glue. I told him to go upstairs and look in a drawer for some wood glue. Of course, he sees Fabric-Tac and Zip-Dry, and asks why he can't just use one of these. I told him to just get the wood glue because he's gluing wood, and it will work. He must have asked me five more questions about WHY I have so many different glues. I know I can't be the only one who has multiple adhesives.

I have FabriTac for embellishments, ZipDry for all paper layers and MDF projects, two sizes of Scor-Tape, foam strips, and glue dots on my desk at any given time.

So, how many glues do you use? 🙂

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

let's see..I use FabriTac, Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue, Glossy Accents, E6000,PPA, Beacon 3 in 1, and Art Glitter Glue. I have Zip Dry but never think to use it!

I think fabriTac and Zip Dry are my favs but I have a whole tote full. I never realized how many I had, or I guess I never pondered it until my hubby needed glue for a rocket that the boys broke….He was shocked at how many options I had….lol totally relate Rae!

Let's face it, we're a sticky bunch. Don't forget the glue stick, red line tape, and the tape runner. I've tried every tape runner ever made and destroyed every one except Glue Glider Pro.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I also have a glue glider pro. I'm out of refills.

PVC glue, Aleene's tack it over & over (for unmounted stamps), red line adhesive, scotch double-sided tape, every shape and size of glue dots available, white and black foam squares, Zip Dry, mono adhesive, E6000, Glossy Accents, regular scotch tape, multi-medium (matte & glossy), Art Institute glitter glue, spray can adhesive (brand name escapes me), Crystal Lacquer, elmer's glue, Beacon 520, gem & glass glue, hot glue… .and that's off the top of my head while sneaking online @ work!

Lucky for me DH is an avid model airplane flyer/builder/repairman, so he can't really complain about all my adhesives lest I point out the toolbox of them he owns!!

I think I use the same as everyone else. FabriTac, Zip Dry, Aleene's Tacky Glue, Glossy Accents, Art Glitter Glue, Zig fine tip glue pen, 3L E-Z Runner Permanent tape, Glue Dots, foam tape, and the Scotch pink ATG gun. Whew! That seems like a lot!

Snagg1
            Send PM

well I guess I'm a slacker..I have the super duper pink tape runner and hot glue gun..that's it. I dont have the patience for the other glues and that 600 stuff smells to high heavens! The down side is the spiders web of glue strings I have to pick off a project afterwards 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Well Tracey, that's how I was too until recently. I ran out of hot glue and was forced to use my fabritac. I love it. I'm also using more foam squares for layering.

PVA (aka bookbinding) for just about everything.
              Pop Dots, Glossy Accents & Gel Med will make appearances sometimes.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I have a big tape runner and little tape runners that make dots. I have Aleen's quick dry, glue dots several sizes and pop dots and squares, foam tape, red line adhesive, Zig 2 way glue, Beacon 3 in 1, a xyron little ones and a big one, crystal lacquer, and glitter glue. I have not tried Fabric tac. Is it an aggressive adhesive?

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I'm glad it's not just me, for the most part.

Tracey, you still get the strings with some of the liquid glues, so it isn't just a hot glue problem. I bu myself or ruin something every time I use hot glue!

I also have a Quickie pen by Sakura. I love that thing.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I forgot, I also have a hot glue gun.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I also have the pink ATG. It's not wonderful for me because it doesn't like left-handed people. ;)

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I love my pink atg. Sorry Rae!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.