Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 4/23/12 what's your scrapping process?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ok, this question came to me as I sit here staring at the same layout for the last 4 days.

When creating your layouts, do you put all your paper layers together first before you decide on embellishments or do you already have specific embellishments in mind to use?

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Kim, I'm horrible. I *finally* narrow down my paper (with an option to change my mind) and then I start taking out possible embellies and start playing around with this and that trying this way and that way, putting some of the embellies aside right away, putting some of the paper away, some more of the embellies and so on. Sometimes, I take out more embellies that I remember I have as I put others away. I just keep on like this until I finally get the look I want.
        And this is why it takes me so long to finish a page, LOL…..

Good luck with your page. I've seen you work and I know that you've done this before and manage to end up with a stunning page!!!!

No definite process here except that I have my paper picked out. After that, anything goes!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I think my process is more like confusion. I usually take my photo and then pull out papers that I think will go with it, pull out embellishments and look at them. Then try to decide on a design and then usually I end up with totally different papers and embellishments than I started out with, lol.

It depends. Sometimes I see an entire page in my head before I start.

Other times, I will shuffle paper and embellies until something strikes a chord and I can see the rest.

I cannot finish a page unless I can see it completed in my head first. I will let pages sit for weeks until I can see what it needs to be.

I tend to design for the papers I am given to work with, start the layout design, find the perfect picture and then pull the embellies in to tie it all together. I find working with Swirly kits so easy this way.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I start with the photo and then I basically follow the same patte as Peggy..add, take away, add take away etc. etc

My process is about the same as Peggy's. Especially if I am working with a kit. Then I look for a picture to go with the papers in the kit. Otherwise, I start with the photo, look for papers and embellies that will work with the photo and throw them on the table together and move it all around until I have something I like. I always end up with stuff that I didn't use.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I start with the photo that kinda matches the paper in the kit. Then go from there.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

My process is about the same as Peggy's. Especially if I am working with a kit. Then I look for a picture to go with the papers in the kit. Otherwise, I start with the photo, look for papers and embellies that will work with the photo and throw them on the table together and move it all around until I have something I like. I always end up with stuff that I didn't use.

Yep, that's pretty much what I do… I start with the photo and have a design in mind, but the paper and embellishments are always the unknown.

First, I pick out a picture I want to use, then the papers. I move things around until I settle on the layout, then start pulling out possible embellies. Eventually I figure out which ones I'm most happy with and glue everything down. I can kill an entire afteoon on a single layout, but I enjoy the process…I like how my layouts just evolve as I go along.

I think my process is more like confusion. I usually take my photo and then pull out papers that I think will go with it, pull out embellishments and look at them. Then try to decide on a design and then usually I end up with totally different papers and embellishments than I started out with, lol.

ummm…I change my mind and coming clean…My process is just like Steph's!!!! lol…True!!

There's supposed to be a process to it?? I'm in trouble!! lol

I don't really have one tired and true process. Sometimes a photo or photos will be the inpiratio to start, sometimes it's a pp, or a color palette, or inspiration found online, or an embellishment, or a desire to try a technique…. honestly, I dont' think I follow the same process twice in a row! When doing something themed, such as my ongoing Disneyland trip album, I start with the papers, embellies, and memorabilia I set aside for it, then find what works best with each set of photos. But that's really the only process that has a true starting point!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Funny ladies, i don't have a clue, I'm still leaing as I go. i do know one thing that what i have in mind is not what I always end up with, for some reason or another…hahah

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

It looks like great minds swirl alike: take out half of your stash and make it up as you go along!!!!!
                    Kim, were we any help at all????? I do know that you do the same; did you ever think that this is why your pages are so stunning?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.