Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 5/11/15 SQOTW – annoying

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Paulien
    Paulien
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

Yeah, you read it right. The title is annoying. lol
      What part of scrapbooking/crafting do you find annoying???

For me, it is definitely having my hands covered in glue. No matter what I try and how careful I am, I always end up with my fingers covered.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Oh, I like this question!
        Let’s see…
        Inks. No matter how careful I think I’ve been, I always manage to spray my table beyond the mat. I use a shipping box when it’s going to get extra messy, and somehow the ink seems to jump over the sides and all over the place. And you don’t want to see my fingers, they end up covered in the stuff.
        Little bits of paper. Again, I’m so careful to carefully swipe all of the “leftovers” from punching and distressing and trimming into my waste basket. And yet, my floor constantly looks like something or other exploded!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Paulien
        Paulien
        Swirly Moderator
          Send PM

ha ha… I hear ya Peggy. Totally true. I stopped using the box thing, cause I don’t want to react the mist that is already in there, that I don’t want on my project. I have a bunch of old news papers that I spread out on my desk, then my mat on it, and when finished, the newspapers gets in the trash.

The little pieces all over… yes annoying. Esp the pulp/dust that falls down when you distress with the Prima distress tool.

Debbie
          Debbie
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Mine is getting the inks and mists on my fingers and under my nails I always look like I have been eating Cheetos. Also my scrap room is crowded so I am constantly banging my legs on the desk causing bruises.

Merrihew
            Merrihew
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Having to wait for things to dry is my most annoying thing. When my mojo is kicked into gear, I just want to keep going, not wait for drying time. The heat gun helps, but some things, you just have to wait on. The other thing that annoys me also has to do with time. I hate getting started on something and it is going great, then having to stop some reason and come back to it a couple of days later. Sometimes, my mojo doesn’t return to the project with me! Very annoying!

droopidog
              droopidog
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

what I find annoying is that I can’t find the thing that I am looking for until I don’t need it anymore. Like, i’m looking for a certain embellishment I know I have, that I want to use and can’t find. Then a few days later, it’s right there. That annoys me.

Kim
                My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
                http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

droopidog
                droopidog
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Having to wait for things to dry is my most annoying thing. When my mojo is kicked into gear, I just want to keep going, not wait for drying time. The heat gun helps, but some things, you just have to wait on. The other thing that annoys me also has to do with time. I hate getting started on something and it is going great, then having to stop some reason and come back to it a couple of days later. Sometimes, my mojo doesn’t return to the project with me! Very annoying!

Yeah, the waiting on stuff to dry annoys me too.

Kim
                  My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
                  http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Angelica
                  Angelica
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Ah, yes! All of the above it totally annoying!!!

What’s annoying to me is when I’m on roll and I get disrupted! Whether is an email, text, phone call, or someone at home asking a question I’ve already answered…lol… I lose my thoughts. I get so irritated I just stop what I’m doing! In turn making the project I’m working on drag out!

Peggy
                    Peggy
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

LOL, Ang, I’m just the opposite. I have the attention span of a gnat lately and I’m constantly distracting myself, going back and forth between whatever I’m working on and all of the things that you mention. On the bright side, this is how I get a lot of housework done, LOL.

luv46kdz
                      luv46kdz
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I’m with Kim, not being able to find what I need. It drives me crazy! Even worse is when I’ve taken something out and then can’t find it ?

Peggy
                        Peggy
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Paula, you DO know that there is a wormhole totally devoted to sucking up crafting supplies, don’t you?
                          You will never find that “lost” object until you’ve moved on to at least three more projects. (Says the voice of experience…)

Willea
                          Willea
                          Swirly Moderator
                            Send PM

One thing I find annoying is when I use a certain embellishment on a project and then some time later find that just that particular flower/chippie/metal piece would be just perfect on my latest project!!! I have actually pulled things of an older page just cuz I neeeeeed it on a new one! LOL

msjan1
                            msjan1
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Not being able to find something that I know I have. Grrrr….or, cleaning up. I just want to keep scrapping but sometimes the mess has to go!

Peggy
                              Peggy
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Maggi, that IS annoying.
                                And I think that this is one of the reasons that most of us hoard. Heaven forbid that I’ll *maybe* need that embellie/flower/paper sometime in the future.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.