Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 5/18/15 SQOTW – pens

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Willea Willea 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Paulien
    Paulien
    Swirly Moderator
      Send PM

What kind of pens do you use to journal/doodle on your project?

Paulien
      Paulien
      Swirly Moderator
        Send PM

For white I use Inkssentials gel pen, and I like it. Could use even a smaller tip tho.
        For black I used to use Sakura 0.5MM since it is permanent and won’t smear.
        I like it, but I would love to hear other opinions/revieuws

luv46kdz
        luv46kdz
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I have my copics and some others whose name escapes me. I really don’t use them that often.

droopidog
          droopidog
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I don’t journal or doodle. I’m terrible , I should journal.

Kim
            My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
            http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

RAE
            RAE
            Swirly Moderator
              Send PM

I use Zig for my black and brown pens. I have a white paint pen that I really like. It’s missing right now, so I don’t know what the brand is.

Merrihew
              Merrihew
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I have black Zig pens in 3 different sizes and a white, gold and silver Uniball Signo.

Paulien
                Paulien
                Swirly Moderator
                  Send PM

Are those Zig pens permanent?

Peggy
                  Peggy
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

For the very little journaling I do (forget doodling, I totally suck at that!), I just use a Pilot ball-point pen. The ink is pretty fluid, so it goes very smoothly and I like how it looks.
                    I do have a white pen – a Sakura Gelli – but I ever think to use it. The good thing about that is that it has lasted for years.

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Paulien
                    Paulien
                    Swirly Moderator
                      Send PM

LOL Peggy! Yes, but they can dry out also. I used Sakura souffle pens (white) in the past and they do intent to dry our easily. Besides that I thought the tip wasn’t small enough.

Peggy
                      Peggy
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

LOL, Paulien, there is that!!!
                        But since I’m not so good at journaling and even worse at doodling, I guess I’ve never noticed.
                        Actually, I’ve had that Gelli pen for a couple of years. I need to scribble with it for a couple of seconds to draw the ink out, but it still works fine.
                        As for the Pilot pens, they’re what I use for non-scrappy stuff, so I usually have one around.

Meg talked me into a Zig pen years ago and I liked it a lot. But that did dry out before I got much use out of it.

Maybe we should have a challenge using doodling to encourage all of us to get out our pens????

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Maggi43
                        Maggi43
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

For white, I have several differnt ones, but the one I like the best is a Sharpie. Same pen also comes in gold and silver. I have a bunch of different pens and I seldom use them, Sakura gelli rolls and Souffle. For brown and black I have a Sakura Micron 05 and blackZig Millenium. They just happened to be what I bought for no particular reason. My favorite black pen was a fine tip Sharpie but it is dry at the moment so I need to replace it.

white sharpie

Paulien
                          Paulien
                          Swirly Moderator
                            Send PM

Peggy, Yes YOU ARE RIGHT! We need a ddodle challenge. I Always loved to doodle. Just the simple things tho.

Maggi, yes that is what have been looking at the Zig millenium pens… Are those permanent?

Maggi43
                            Maggi43
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

I don’t know Paulien, it says its acid free, archival pigment ink. Sharpie fine point pens are permanent, love those! Great for writing on anything and you can get it off plastic surfaces with stamp cleaner.

Willea
                              Willea
                              Swirly Moderator
                                Send PM

I bought one black and one brown Zig pen when I started scrapbooking eight years ago. The black one isn’t working anymore, but it lasted for several years, the brown one is still ok. Can you tell I’m not much for journaling?? 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.