Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 5/26/2014: How do you do your shopping?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

What I mean is, how do you do grocery shopping or clothes shopping?
    My husband, Kees, does all the grocery shopping, cause quit honest… I hate shopping!! I know you must think I'm weird, but I do hate any kind of shopping accept when it is for scrapbook supplies. Anyway…. Whenever I go with Kees, to do grocery shopping, I walk through that store looking at packaging or other stuff, if it is scrap-able or not. The same goes for clothes shopping… does it have nice buttons, or a piece of trim/lace or is the fabric perfect for making flowers when it is wo out? Shoes shopping…. here goes the same. the item has to have something scrap-able or I would not buy it. Am I sick?

I usually grocery shop for the month, so it is not exactly my favorite thing to do. I like to get in and out and be done with it. We are lucky to have a very nice grocery store in the small town we live close to (Population about 185), so I am able to run in and pick up fresh food and dairy products when I need to. I really think it is cool how people can look at things and figure out how it would work out for scrapbooking or any craft project. I guess I am just not wired that way.

My hubby grocery shops, but when I go out on disability, I am going to have to take it back over.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Since I'm at home I do all the grocery shopping, dh likes to come every once in awhile, we always end up spending way more than when I go by myself.

Snagg1
        Send PM

I hate grocery shopping! I hate spending money on things that are not fun and I hate to cook-we end up eating out a lot anyway. I tend to look for scrappy things in odd places like the dollar store or hardware aisles,paint section-I like to think of what I can make for cheap.

I get a lot of scrap stuff in antique (junk) stores. People sell bags of lace, spools of ribbon, stickers, old photos, etc. Grocery shopping is a drag, but I can't manage to get everything I need in 1 trip.

So, I'm not alone in this. LOL
        Wow Sue, it sounds like you have a great antique store then. Bags of lace and spools…. I need to go there!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I'm a shopaholic! There I said it. Although, grocery shopping is my least favorite to do.
          Do I look for scrappy opportunities when shopping…not really. If I happen to find some uses for non scrappy items or come across something that will work for a project, then that's just a bonus. LOL!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

I'm the shopper, getting hubs to go with me would mean Jesus must be there. I hate it but with 6 kids and 2 grandies who are at the house often I need to keep it stocked. I cook almost every night if I don't my kids'll eat me.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Lol, Paula. I do the grocery shopping, but I hate it, almost as much as I hate preparing meals. That's something I'm working on changing, as we end up eating out way too often, and I have put on a LOT of weight in the past year. 🙁

As for looking for things that could be used for scrappy projects, I don't do that with new purchases, but I do it a lot with stuff that is on the discard list. It makes it very hard to throw or give things away!

I do the shopping. If I didn't DH would only bring home junk food and random crap that I couldn't make into a meal! I don't mind it, actually, but I'm guessing that's the OCD in me that knows what I have and what I need and wants the specific brands for what I buy. The shopping I hate to do involves me and clothes. Ugh. I loathe clothes shopping for myself. I'd be perfectly happy if only my job would let me wear jeans and tshirts every day instead of just on Fridays.

Scrapping is always in the back of my mind. A hotel in Germany had really cool wallpaper, so I took a picture of it and printed it on cardstock. It made great background paper.

Snagg1
                Send PM

I'm with Kim…confessions of a shopoholic!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I don't like to shop and for the most part the only shopping I do is for groceries. There are not many places to shop where I live anyway so there's not much temptation! Of course I do stop in to M's and HL now and then! I brave the mall in Raleigh once a year for Christmas shopping but I didn't even do that last year. Instead I cozied up with Amazon.com. That's my kind of shopping!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.