Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 6/11/12: Flowers on Masculine/Boy Pages

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What are your thoughts on adding flowers to boy/masculine pages?

odiammy
        Send PM

It used to be that I would never dream of putting a flower on a guy page! But, now I do once in awhile. Usually the flowers are darker or I might do a leafy vine. I always try to add some TH elements to the LO also or something metal.

GlitterGirl
          Send PM

Take a really WILD GUESS at my answer, LOL

[img:width=598&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339469084_1015_FT160393_img_4172_3_1.jpg[/img]
          [img:width=600&height=597]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339469084_1015_FT160393_img_40369_1.jpg[/img]
          [img:width=595&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1339469084_1015_FT160393_img_095218_1.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

LOL! I love all of them!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Vicky your layouts are great! I add flowers to my boy/masculine layouts quite often.

odiammy
                Send PM

Me too… I don't care that much. Why wouldn't we???
                My DH loves gardening, so… I don't see the problem. It depends on my picture tho.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

That's my thought too, Paulien. I used to be quite hesitant to add any flowers, but I have changed my opinion on it because I think of how much my grandpa LOVED his gardening, and flowers aren't just for girls. They are part of nature!! 🙂

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I do it all the time. I make rosettes or use different materials such as metal, burlap or glassine and darker colors.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I don't see a reason not to!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I don't! I feel my son has it bad enough with three sisters…lol!! I can't add flowers to his pages. BUT, if he is in the picture with the girls, then I do. I would really love to get out of this mind set. It makes scrapping Elijah's pictures harder.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

lisajoy
                          Send PM

Flowers are nature…is nature only for girls? I don't think so! But I will tend to go with more masculine colors overall.

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

With three boys I'd never get to use flowers if I didn't use them on masculine layouts! I do tend to use just a couple as accents rather than a whole cluster, except on a baby layout; there I figure anything goes. I figure I scrapbook primarily for me, and if the boys are interested in their pages when they are older it is likely because their mum made them and not because of the elements on the page.

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

LOL, Ang! Your poor Elijah- my brother was the youngest of four and the only boy, so I totally get your point! 🙂
                              And, it hard to scrap boys when you are limited in what you can put on the pages if you automatically cut out flowers.
                              I have metal and burlap to make my own, which I plan to do. It depends on the picture too.

NanciOgilvie
                                Send PM

I will use flowers on a baby LO and use rosettes or just a few dark colored flowers on a page that has a guy only on it. If it's a guy and girl – flowers everywhere:)

LindaDriggs
                                  Send PM

I have 2 boys, I use flowers all the time…or I would never use them….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.