Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 6/23/14 What embellishment do you love to hate?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

What embellishment(s) do you love to hate? What's the one (or two…) thing(s) that you have tons of, but can never figure out how to incorporate it into your layouts or projects?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

For me, it's buttons. I have jars of buttons, all kinds of buttons. I love the look of buttons (mainly vintage) on other layouts, but I can never fit them into my layout designs. I've even tried using sketches that call for buttons, but it's just easier for me to put a flower in it's place.

I guess it's time for me to give up on the idea of using buttons and get rid of them. I have buttons free to a good home, just pm me.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I love DA chipboard…..BUT….sometimes the laser doesn't cut all the way through and my chippy ends up ripping. It's frustrating because I have no patience to take it out slowly. Blue Fe has the right idea of not having the negative part.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

For me it is Chipboard too. I can't seem to use them like everyone else does. I love the plain look and everytime I try to alteate it, it just don't come out the way I want.

Also…. >>>STICKERS<<<<< I really really DISLIKE them!

Buttons Kim, really? I love them, and have lots of them, but I keep forgetting them to use. Thanks for the reminder.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

For me it is Chipboard too. I can't seem to use them like everyone else does. I love the plain look and everytime I try to alteate it, it just don't come out the way I want.

Also…. >>>STICKERS<<<<< I really really DISLIKE them!

Paulien, I think stickers are a given. I think I sold all mine at the lss garage sale a long time ago. If I stumble across any, I set them aside for my nieces.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Buttons Kim, really? I love them, and have lots of them, but I keep forgetting them to use. Thanks for the reminder.

Do you want some more? I can send you some.

I would have to say stickers. I started scrapbooking in 1997 and stickers were about all you could get for embellishments! I still have a ton! They are stuck up on a shelf in the closet. I need to let the grandkids go through them and then just get rid of the rest.

For me, it is alphabet stickers. I have a whole drawer full, and I rarely use them. The magazines show those cutesy things to do with them, but they always look to me like they were trying to use up their alphabet stickers. How many Z's and Q's does a person need? Thank you, Krissy, for not putting them in our kit every month.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I forgot about alphabet stickers. I have over 100 packs of thickers (don't ask). I am more than will to send those to a good home as well.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I like my alpha stickers, especially the tiny alphas. I can never have enough of those. 🙂

For me, it's brads. I have thousands in the basement. It's the same with your buttons, Kim. I have a hard time placing them.

I have a jar of buttons. I like to use them sometimes, but I don't use them as often as I used to.

Ang, you are so right! Some chipboard is is just impossible to get out, even with a craft knife.

Brads and eyelets… I have tons of them, all neatly sorted by color, and I *never* use them anymore. 10+ years ago I did, but not now!

Oh yeah, forgot about eyelets. I have quite a few, but never think to use them! I used to used them a lot! May have to revisit some of these old things!

Oh, yeah, eyelets and decorative brads. I use plan brads to hold flowers together, but eyelets, almost never.

Stamps and ribbons. Love them both… Stamps I just can't quite figure out how to use and I keep forgetting about all the ribbon I have…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.