Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 6/25/12: Two-Pagers

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Do you ever do two-page layouts? Why/why not? Post 'em here so we can see them if you do!

Never, but then again I rarely put more than one photo on a layout either. I like to focus on one thing at a time???

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Since joining Swirlydoos not much. Primarily because I scrap all over the map rather than chronologically any more. If I am doing a project like a mini book for someone then I might.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I do both. I scrap travel photos the most so 2 pagers are good. I am leaing to do single page Lo's since joining Swirly. Here are a couple of my 2 pagers

[img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340676609_41_FT161669_trevi_fountain.jpg[/img]
          [img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340676609_41_FT161669_spanish_steps_2.jpg[/img]
          [img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340676609_41_FT161669_caavele.jpg[/img]
          [img:width=600&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340676609_41_FT161669_caavele_2.jpg[/img]

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Those are great two page layouts Kathi, I really like the one with the masks.

When I first started scrapping I thought that scrapping was always about doing two page layouts. It really wasn't until I started going on line to find info on scrapbooking that I realized I could just do one page layouts. Now I'm like Kathi where I'll do two pagers when I'm scrapping holiday type photos.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Here's one I did of my daughter and her boyfriend when they took my grand kids to Disneyland last year and the other one is from when I took the grand kids to a working farm that you can take kids to where they give you tours on certain days.

[img:width=600&height=306]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340685133_1061_FT161669_disneyland2011.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=299]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340685133_1061_FT161669_seaview-farm.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Since joining Swirlydoos I am pretty much a one-page girl. Before that I always did two page layouts, usually trying to cram as many photos as possible onto each page 🙂

I do!
                Love making two-page layouts and telling a story.

Here are three made after I joined Swirlydoos:

Carmel%2520mission%2520%25281024x520%2529.jpg

Verdens%2520st%25C3%25B8rste%2520tre%2520%25281024x522%2529.jpg

Rocky%2520Creek%2520bridge%2520%25281024x517%2529.jpg

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I guess I'm a one pager at heart; that's always what pops into my head, probably because I'm focused on design rather than memory, if that makes sense.
                  I did do one two-pager a few years ago. I lifted Robin's layout http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/124253/view/2479281/0/180/1.html to scrap photos of DGD and it sort of morphed into a two pager. I'm afraid that that's been it…

[img:width=599&height=295]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1340715677_36_FT161669_precious_treasure_1_.jpg[/img]

I used to do 2 pagers all the time. Like everyone else, since joining Swirlydoos, I've gone more to just one page. I may challenge myself to try and do a 2 page LO this summer, just to see if I still can. I usually did 2 pagers for holidays and events (like graduation or birthday parties).

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I haven't done a two pager in years!! I'm talking lke back in the sticker days!

Although, all these gorgeous pages make me want to give it a go!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I'm like Kathi – I've been scrapping vacation pictures and since they are in albums (and I have OCD!) I like how it looks when the papers of two pages that are next to each other match.

For me it entirely depends on the photos. Family events, vacations, and holidays tend to be multi-page spreads, as I see no reason to limit myself to only a couple photos and one or two pages to capture those memories. I want to tell the stories with the photos, and even though the joualing may be hidden, I try to have it somewhere. The most important thing to me is that I can look at a series of photos, read the joualing and recall that moment in time. Some of my most precious ones are of my childhood. My gramma created an album for each grandkid and would divide the photos from each event between the albums; I'm in the process of getting my cousins to scan in and share all those pictures. I'm seeing photos of me I've not seen in decades and I cannot wait until everyone has their photos scanned and I can scrap all of these. So many memories that I had forgotten about!

The single page layouts I do are more artistic and may have only one photo on them, but most of those have ended up hanging on the walls in shadowboxes.

I love the artistic, gorgeous work you all do, but personally I'm focused more on chronicling the memories and less on the artistic side for the majority of my scrapping. Lucky for me a Swirly kit does both! ;)

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I used to do 2 pagers all the time. Like everyone else, since joining Swirlydoos, I've gone more to just one page. I may challenge myself to try and do a 2 page LO this summer, just to see if I still can. I usually did 2 pagers for holidays and events (like graduation or birthday parties).

Sounds like a challenge in the making for most of us.

I haven't done a 2 pager in ages!!! When I look at all the above, gorgeous double pages, I think maybe we can all give this a go. It would be so much fun!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.