Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 6/4/12: What is your go-to ink?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

What type of ink is your favorite: chalk, Distress, Staz-On, or other? Why?

CHALK for sure I like cat's eyes from Colorbox or the new Prima ones by Ingvild Bolme. I like the direct pad to paper effect and these are small enough to get into tight coers. They also have a nice soft look and blend nicely. In second place I like TH distress if I need a large surface to be covered and want a bold look.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

CHALK for sure I like cat's eyes from Colorbox or the new Prima ones by Ingvild Bolme. I like the direct pad to paper effect and these are small enough to get into tight coers. They also have a nice soft look and blend nicely. In second place I like TH distress if I need a large surface to be covered and want a bold look.

Ditto!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

[quote]

Double ditto!

Ditto!!!
          [/quote]

I love the chalk from prima! And the distress too. I don't think I go without either of those two when creating a layout.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Probably because I'm so heavy-handed, but I find the Prima chalks a bit too juicy. I guess I should practice on scraps until I get the proper feel.
            I love CB Chestnut Roan and hate the cheap applicators so they're out.
            Which leaves me with the Distress ink pads and the applicators. Love, love, love them: I love the way you can graduate the shading, I love that you can stamp, apply clear embossing powder and heat, I love coloring with nibs, I love the colors…
            As far as stamping, I usually use Archival Black, love the Staz On Timber Brown and Archival Coffee when I want a softer look.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I like the cats eye. I just hate that the sponge always falls apart. The prima ones are doing the same now 🙁

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Distress.

I hardly ever even use my chalk inks! I do like them, but I can't seem to get the look from them that I want.

But I love love love my Distress inks, Reinkers, Stains etc!

I forgot to put WHY.

I think I like the Distress so much due to the different effects you can get with them and their versatility. You can stamp, emboss, fade, ghost, whatever!

You know, I've cheated and bought a few of the cheap Michael's brand chalk inks (they have chalk and pigment) and they are actually pretty good. Here they cost $1.25 each (I think) so when they have their take 20% off your purchase… well that's pretty economical ink at $1.00 each!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I like the cats eye. I just hate that the sponge always falls apart. The prima ones are doing the same now 🙁

My prima sponges are falling apart too. Thought it was just me.

I have found that the chalks take a light hand, which I don't have and also that the inks are very different in style, just haven't mastered them yet.

Distrss inks and the Cats Eyes for me.

Same here!

Love chalk ink!! Timmy inks come in a close second!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.