Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 6/9/14 What is your scrapping nemesis?

This topic contains 43 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Is it a tool you just can't get to work right, a technique you haven't master? What is the one scrappy thing that is getting the best of you?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

for me it's hand made flowers. I love the look of the handmade flowers, but…

I have tried and tried to make flowers, but it's just best that I buy them. Mine never tu out like the pretty ones I see everyone else make.

For me it is using chippies. I Always love how everyone use them and treat them and make them work on their projects, but me… I struggle with them.
        Also titles, never seem to have enough space for them.

I have tried and tried to make flowers, but it's just best that I buy them. Mine never tu out like the pretty ones I see everyone else make.

Ditto that :p

I love ribbons… I have a box filled with beautiful ribbons that I love to look at and want to use… but I never really find the right way to use them when I sit there with my page.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

negative space, every time I try it, I end up adding to it cause it looks empty. Just can't do it but love the work of those that can

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
            Send PM

For me it's the composing of all the elements of a lo. I struggle to have a page come together with perfect harmony and flow. I wish mine could look like Di Garling's, Gabi Pollacco, or Lisa Gregory 🙂

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

negative space, every time I try it, I end up adding to it cause it looks empty. Just can't do it but love the work of those that can

Since being on the Blue Fe Studios DT, I have got better at negative space because most of the sketches they have are of the negative space sort. I'm working on it still though. It is SOOOOOO challenging though. 🙂

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Ditto that! I suck at making my own flowers. I've made some that I like, but not LOOOOVE. I leave it to Prima and Petaloo.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Sewing! I love the look but can't work a machine and don't take the time to do it by hand. I love those Prima stitch stamps even though I know it isn't fooling anybody!

Sewing, mixed media and that damned bow-it-all that I just had to have…

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Mine would be stamping, it never fails everytime I use stamps their either not inked up enough or inked to much so the edges of the stamp end up showing up. So this makes it hard for me to use stamps on my layout, I always feel like I'll screw up what I have done on the layout so far if I then try stamping on it.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

I don't own a sewing machine so I don't even worry about stitching. And hubby knows i hate to sew, so if I suddenly asked for a machine, he'd KNOW it has something to do with scrapping ;D

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I'm with Steph..it's stamping!! It never looks the way I want it to.

Stamping just takes a little practice (says the woman who's been doing it for 16+ years). If you're stamping on bulk you need to have something undeeath that's firm but has give, like a thick foam pad or a mousepad. I usually have my glass mat undeeath to get a crisp image, but that doesn't work if you're talking many layers. Also, stamp on scrap paper a couple times to get the feel of the stamp before stamping it on your project. Some stamps have imperfections or spots that don't take ink as well.

Right now the bane of my existence is sprays & mists. I love 'em, but I have such a hard time using them! I'm envious of you who can simply see what you want and mist away. Mine always feels like a hot mess

I'm with Maggi on the negative space. I end up feeling like I am missing something.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.