Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 8/1/2012 – New – Old School??

This topic contains 60 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

With CHA in the rear-view and all kinds of new things coming out, gadgets included, it got me to thinkin'  (smell the smoke?)……

Have you EVER come across something that you had to have, like the zutter distrezzer for example, just to find that you revert back to the old school way of distressing the majority of the time?? 

What new school gadget did you HAVE TO HAVE, WOULD HIP CHECK YOUR KIDS TO GET, just to find that the old school way works better for you??

Not a gadget but for me I regret purchasing shimmerz and glimmer mists – HATE them… bought tons and now use inks and other things instead.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I just had to have the pink ATG. But, I am left-handed, and this is the worst runner I have ever used! I have to re-do the tape all the time. I'm old school- Fabri-Tac and Zip Dry are all I use.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Not a gadget but for me I regret purchasing shimmerz and glimmer mists – HATE them… bought tons and now use inks and other things instead.

Let's have a swap! I love both!

At this point, probably the Cricut Imagine. I have the personal, the V1 and the Imagine and only have a handful of the Imagine cartridges and could have stayed with Version 1 w/o really missing anything. Also, would still be able to use SCAL and all those damn files I downloaded…

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I've got to say the Cricut Gypsy. I really thought that this would be an incentive to use my Expression and actually bought new carts in anticipation.
            I do take it out from time to time, but end up using a Sizzix or Spellbinders die or something from my Dusty Attic collection.
            I guess I do use it for titles a couple of times a year, more to justify the investment. Otherwise, the Gypsy and the Cricut sit on the self, pouting under a coating of dust. Once in a while, I think about selling the entire collection; I'm just afraid that if I do, I'll end up wanting it again…

I'm with Peggy…my Cricut Expression. I never did invest in the Gypsy, but download the Cricut Craftroom and will admit that I use it more since then, but there are times that I feel like I definitely don't get my money's worth out of it and think I should find a new home where it and all 15 or so of my carts will be loved. But I'm afraid that as soon as I do that I will be wishing I had it for that one perfect image.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I'd have to say the Expression also. Just had to have , used it maybe 3 times and ended up giving it, the gypsy and my carts to my DGD!

I still use my Zutter

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I always use my Expression- for making circles! LOL! I have 14 carts, and I only need one! I should try to use it more.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Reading this makes me so happy that i never got a cricut. The cartridges for it never suited me anyway.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I bought the Imaginisce – I-Bond Tool – Cordless Hot Glue Gun..HATE IT!!! Never really worked right. Now, I'm back to just a regular old glue gun.

Vicky, how can you say you hate glimmermist!!! I loooove that stuff!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I have that heat gun too, and I haven't used it yet- y'all gave it some bad reviews, and I never got the rechargeable batteries.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I forgot about that. Yeah, not really junk, but the batteries ran down wayyyyy too quickly. I went back to my cheap plug-in from M's bargain bin.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

I hate hot glue anyway. I use Fabri-Tac, and it says right on the bottle to throw your hot glue gun away- it works that well! 🙂

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

I have that hot glue gun too. I keep it in my crop bag. I just use rechargeable batteries and take the charger with me. At home i use my cheapie plug in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.