Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 8/18/2014 Scrapping alone or wih others

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Do you prefer to scrapbook alone or with other?

The introvert in me likes to scrap alone. It's the only way I can get anything done. When I'm with others I get major scrappers block.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I am at my best when alone for sure. However, I do enjoy the camraderie and exchange of ideas when scrapping with others. I get together twice a year with some close friends and then there is Swirly Camp which was a blast!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I enjoy both. I get more done alone but it is more fun to be with other scrappers.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I enjoy both. Depending on my mojo, I can get a lot done either way.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

I have never scrapped with anyone!!!! Never been to a retreat!!! I am a virgin scrapper!!! I would love to try it though…

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I do my best work alone. I usually have a few projects going at a time. When I'm at a crop or camp, I feel like I have to finish one project before moving on to the next one because there is no space to let my project sit somewhere so I can keep looking at it to make changes.

I do enjoy going to crops sometimes though, but it's more about spending time with my friends. 🙂

I enjoy both, too! I love scrapping with my sister at her house. I wish we lived closer. I also love the retreats that we go on. Being around other scrappers gets my mojo going. But, to be honest, I get more done scrapping at home alone.

I nearly always do mine alone ( or rather with my daughter doing something crafty at the same time in the same room) I sometimes go to a monthly crop and scrap with my Mum when I visit her, too infrequently.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I guess it depends.
                I confess to being far more distracted when I'm with others, but I love the chatting and the exchange of ideas and even the non scrapping time.
                Alone, I can stay focused once I start on a project, so I suppose that I get more accomplished and that is satisfying, just not as much fun…

I love to be among others, to see them scrap. Obviously I can't get anything done because I love to watch their creative process. And ….. I make to big of a mess, when I'm working on a project. I need a whole room to get anything done. LOL.

I went to a crop several years ago. People had to use huge luggage carts to haul all their supplies. That didn't look fun to me, so I have mostly scrapped alone at home to have access to all my crafty goodies. If I ever get to a Swirly retreat, I'm just going to sit there and watch!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I haven't been to a lot of scrap retreats but I do enjoy it when I go, I love to see how others work, chatting and how you can bounce off ideas with others. But most of the time I'm doing it at home on my own.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I have to say I like both, but I can't really get anything done with others. I work better alone, and I make mess with paint and mists and stamping!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I went to a crop several years ago. People had to use huge luggage carts to haul all their supplies. That didn't look fun to me, so I have mostly scrapped alone at home to have access to all my crafty goodies. If I ever get to a Swirly retreat, I'm just going to sit there and watch!

Luggage carts??? You should see how we pack for Camp!!!
                      That's my new challenge: to pack a lot more lightly. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.