Home Forums Scrap Chat Layout of the Week ***911 Tribute***

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

We thought we would forgo the usual layout of the week post, and give everyone a chance to comment or offer prayer on today's Memorial…As Americans, we must never forget what our Country has gone through in the last 10 years. For those of us who knew someone closely connected to that day, our prayers are with you and their families.

[img:width=600&height=401]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1315758693_55_FT0_911-tribute-plaque_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Thank you Lisa.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Thanks Lisa. I was watching the memorials this moing and was not able to do so with dry eyes.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thank you Lisa.

Both of my Uncles worked at the World Trade Centers, both were survivors, and as a family we are forever grateful to still have them with us. Please pray for my Uncle Ray, who is now permanently disabled as a result of the tragedy that day. .
          I lost a friend and classmate David Halderman. He was a Lieutenant Firefighter from Squad 18. He had followed in his daddy's footsteps. I grew up in a firefighter town, and will remember David fondly. I sent his mom a little prayer this moing as she had also lost her husband, Davids daddy, the month before she lost David.
          I also lost out dear neighbor Charlie Mills. Mr Mills lived a cross the street from us where I grew up. Charlie had coached both of my brothers in Soccer for the Brentwood Soccer League. And being a neighbor, I remember my brothers thinking they were special cause the coach lived across the street. But Charlie made them feel special, because he thought all kids had talent and they were all special. He saw the best in everybody. We all loved him!
          One of my brothers teammates, Feando, told us about a story years ago, when Charlie coached my brothers team. Read it http://www.newsday.com/911-anniversary/memories-of-charles-mills-1.2982091%5Burl url=hyperlink url][/url] This was Charlie Mills…Our community Policeman, killed, trying to rescue those in the tragedy that day, after leaving his office on the 87th floor. He was Bureau Chief of New York State Office of Tax Enforcement – Petroleum, Alcohol and Tobacco Bureau, New York. Because of Charlie and the other hero's that day, about 25,000 lives were spared…His family knew he would be one of the last ones out because he was helping others…..That was Charlie..
          Gosh, I miss him…

Snagg1
            Send PM

I was writing a reply earlier and my DD had a seizure and I had to call the ambulance. It wasn't a Grand Mal but a myoclonic seizure you never know how bad they will be. She has been cheating on her diet and has breakthrough seizures. The paramedics stayed with us until she was in recovery mode. She is resting now.

911. My uncle Buddy was working on a building and watched the towers get hit and fall. He was one of many that had to walk the streets to get back to his apartment. He left the city as soon as he could and he is not the same man. He is homeless and wanders around aimlessly. All attempts to help him failed. His cousin Brad stayed and helped with the cleanup and died about a year ago from Cancer of the esophagus and stomach. It has been directly related to the cleanup. There are so many people affected by this tragedy.

My aunt Mamie was in washington visiting her daughter who was also an iron worker. The chaos and fear created was unimaginable.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims, survivors and their families and the people who died trying to help save a life.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

It's like the day President Kennedy was assinated you will never forget where you were in that moment in time.

I cried for days

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those that died that day and those that tried to save them

I was teaching school that day. I had just stopped by the office on the way to pick my kids up from PE. The secretary said that something was happening. I took my kids to the library to the only TV with cable. We watched in horror and disbelief. It was just the most terrible thing that I had ever witnessed. Our principal made us all leave the library after the Pentegon was hit. We went back to our rooms and we all huddled around a tiny screen on my computer to watch CNN.com to see what was happening. It was just this moing that they showed a picture of someone who had jumped from the Tower. I had heard, but never seen that sight until today. Honestly, I tu on the news every moing to see if the US has been hit by another tragedy…..I'm relieved when there is no Breaking News announcement. The horror never really goes away.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

It's like the day President Kennedy was assinated you will never forget where you were in that moment in time.

I cried for days

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those that died that day and those that tried to save them

You are right- everyone remembers what they were doing that day. I remember that the media was reporting, but had no idea of what was going on- bizarre accident was the first thought. It took a little while to figure it out. I was doing my student teaching in Wyoming, and dh and I saw a little bit of the coverage on the TV on our way out the door. When we got to the school, the media had leaed about the terrorist plot. I was in class without the lead teacher that day, and the kids were panicked. They were asking a bunch of questions, and I had no clue what to say. The kids gathered around the computer as we looked on the inteet to find out more information. Some kids cried. It was weird- I remember the bell ringing as first period was over, but no one moved- not from my class or any others. I'll never forget the awkwardness of being the adult in the room, with only six or seven years in between me and the kids, I didn't really feel like I could be a comfort to them. It was a memorable day for sure.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Thank you Lisa. This tragedy will live in the hearts of all Americans until the day we die. I offer special prayers to those who lost loved ones and prayers to our country so that we continue to heal.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Thank you Lisa!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Connie, Hope she is better. My DH called me @ school that day He & oldest saw it on TV. My son decided that day to enter the Military. After 2 tours in Iraq as a Marine Sgt. He retued safe but changed. Praying for all those affected. We should never forget the victims & families.

I had asked you to pray for my Uncle Ray as the tragedy of 911 took a toll on his health..But I got devastating news this moing…My other Uncle who survived, has passed away this moing. Of a massive heart attack.. This man survived Vietnam and 911…We are shocked and devastated and don't know what to think. This just happened a couple of hours ago. I may have to fly to NY this weekend.

Oh no Lisa…. I'm so sorry hon.

My condolences to you. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.