Home Forums Scrap Chat SQOTW 9/25/12….COLORS???

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

OK…..as we know each season/holiday has a color pallette….

Christmas ~ Greens and Reds
      Winter ~ Blues
      Spring ~ Vibrant Colors
      Easter ~ Pastels
      …..etc.

Do you have a favorite season/color palette??? I find I just love the colors of fall. Maybe that's because I am located in Northe New England and right now the trees are just BUSTING WITH COLOR. Oranges, Reds, Yellows and Greens. I find that when I create with these colors especially this time of year…..it JUST FLOWS!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I don't have a favorite palette. i take my colors from the photos I am scrapping.. I tend to prefer muted color

Blues and greens… such as the colors of the lake I could be boating on and the greenery surrounding it. Different accent colors because one never knows if some gorgeous wildflowers will catch your eye, or maybe some lilypads with blooms, or the rainbow shine of a jumping trout!

Muted and/or pastels are my fave (like Pion papers) but I also like pink and black combos (like Prima printery and romance novel 🙂

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I don't have a favorite color palette, but I can't scrap with purple. Oh and pink is my signature color. Any shade works for me.

I love brights. Anything that packs a punch I love to work with.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Lynne, that's the crappiest thing about Central New Jersey: we don't get the vibrant colors that you do. I grew up in Weste New York and I miss those reds and scarlets; we get mostly oranges and rusts which are pretty but not breathtakingly gorgeous…

That said, I just realize that I may not have a favorite palette. I seem to be able to work with any color. As a newbie, I had my fears: reds and purples looked so intimidating, but I worked with them and fell in love. I don't really care for pastels and I do seem to gravitate to deeper colors and vintage-y shades most of the time, but a look back at some of the stuff I did over the summer reminds me that I can have a lot of fun with bright acrylics.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Luckily, we get some pretty fall colors. May have to go out with my camera this weekend and get some pics before it gets too cold.

I like working with fall colors the best. It's my favorite time of year, but we don't get a lot of color change where I live. I told my dh that a big item on my bucket list is to see Vermont in the fall!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I do love fall colors but in my scrapping I think I tend to go for the blues and greens and I love black and pink together!

I'm not having a fav color palette, but I have a hard time with bright colors. Esp yellow, bright orange and grass green are colors I'm avoiding to use.

I love the pallett of fall, just as much as I love fall, its the best time of year, at least when we have bright sunny days and the nature is showing off in all of the beautiful colors.

I too love fall colors, actually if you came into my house you would think it's a Fall Home..lol..
                My kitchen was re-done with light yellow cabinets, walls are painted a mustard orange, and the blacksplash was painted a dark orange/red color…lol..the dark/orange red color was my own creation after failing 2 times in picking the color I finally mixed my own..I would call it a terracotta. Then we installed a countertop with touches of that terracota color in it. At some point we are going to install a backsplash with the terracotta color but for now, we still have one bedroom to remodel and our bath..then I can start on all the little extra's I want :o)
                Living room – is painted green with a dark/orange color sofa – again the terracotta range…
                And last but not least…my craft room, the place I love the most is painted a bright orange with green accents! ha ha
                Yep, I would say my fav colors are green, terracotta, and yellow!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I love scrapping any shade of purple….when I can!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Just like Monica, I love blues and greens!!
                  But I do adore the fall colors. Unfortunately we do not have a fall in Florida. Everything stays green/ With the exception of a few trees that give us a gorgeous fall color, it is not enough to scrap any of my pics with. No oranges, yellows and reds here. But we do have tropical colors. So maybe that's why I love blues and greens. The color of the water and sky here!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.