Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Prayer Requests A friend

This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

One of my dearest friends, Julia, has been terminally ill for the past 2.5 years. She initially was diagnosed with breast cancer and lost both breasts, but not before it spread into her spine. Pain management is all they could offer her and a period of 5 years of expected life left. She has now taken a drastic tu for the worse, and has been hospitalized since Thursday evening. They believe that she has a cranial leak, but cannot find it, her pain medications are not working, and her brain is sagging. She has had multiple MRIs and spinal taps, and some other tests will be performed today.

I ask for God's will to be done, whether that is healing or her passing, because she is in so much pain. I am devastated to pray this way, but I know that asking for her healing in THIS situation will certainly not take it all away (even though I do wholeheartedly believe in miracles) and her road is nearing an end. Selfishly, I want to pray – just heal her so she can home because she is our family away from family. Some of you know our situation, others don't – so I will keep it short – but my husband, children, and I have moved 13 times in 10 years. This is our second longest stay anywhere since him and I first married and we have lived here for just under 2 years now. Julia is my next door neighbor – her house faces mine – and she took us under her wing completely as loneliness sits in, and desire to just be with family makes us terribly homesick. She is a grandmother to my kids, and they are incredibly close to her, and she is the closest friend that I have, more friend, but part mother to me, and her presence in our lives has been irreplaceable. I wouldn't change it for the world, but her passing will be incredibly devastating to my children, and to me… we are heartbroken at the very idea.

So please, pray for God's will, and for my part in being strong for my girls. Moving so often for my husbands job (not military, but a problem solver for his company) has been hard enough, and they have had to mou leaving friends many times… but this time it is different. Mouing the complete loss of someone so dear, I can't comprehend how this will affect them. Pray that I can teach them how to handle the loss, and how we can all move past this while still remembering how special she was to us.

I'm sad.

🙁

Oh Heidi, that is just so tragic. Prayers will be sent!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Heidi, I am so, so sorry. Your love for your friend is shining through the dark clouds. You are in my prayers as you and your family face this great loss.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

So sorry Heidi. You have written such a short but wonderful tribute to your friend. Prayers for everyone being said.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

There is nothing I can say except, God's will be done..

Sending prayers for you, your family and Julia

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh Heidi, I am so so very sorry for your friend and your family. I'm sending lots of prayers! Ohh (((HUGS)))

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

xoxo

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I'm so sorry to hear this Heidi, it is so hard to watch someone so close to you go through this type of thing and I totally understand when you say you are praying for God's will to be done. I a,m praying for your friend and for your family!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Thinking and praying for your friend – and your family.

Big huge prayers being sent your way Heidi!!!

Sending lots of prayers for your friend and your family. (((HUGS)))

Heidi my heart goes out to her and to your family. From what I've read she sounds like the most loving person. I always wonder why god takes the good ones, the ones we count on, the ones we love..
                  All of you will be in my prayers. please keep us updated

Snagg1
                    Send PM

That is exactly how I felt with my Mom. I will say a prayer for Julia and for You and your family.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Heidi, so sorry that your family is experiencing this pain. Praying that god will have his way.. Stay strong….

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Just wanted to give you all an update… They found the leak, and did a blood patch, but it is thought to be temporary and that it will buy her some time so that she can come home. Thank you so much for your prayers! I will let you know more as I know more?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.