Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff A good laugh at my honey's expense

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Okay i had to share this somewhere Lol, so i made shrimp on Saturday night, fresh from a boat. And my honey (Chris) ate an obscene amount Lol. Well we wake up the next moing and his entire face and ears are swollen like crazy! I mean SWOLLEN Lol, he had a major allergic reaction to the shrimp! So I immediately go rumaging the medicine cabinet to get him some anit inlammatory and benadryl, well i could only find Midol LOL! So i brought him in 3 to take, and he did Lol. Later in the night the swelling went down. But ladies i am telling you , i am horrible! i couldn't look at him without giggling LOL! I tried to snap some pix, but he wouldn't let me ! I'm a terrible GF Lol, his mother said not only did i poison him, but i give him Midol too hehe!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

he he ! I guess he won't be eating shrimp again!!

OMG – had he ever eaten shrimp before? The first reaction can be like this but a second time could be much worse – just a head's up!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

LOL, too funny, poor guy!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Reminds me of the time I made a Rice Krispie square and left it sitting on the counter. My sister's boyfriend came along and had a piece, not knowing that my recipe uses peanut butter. He was seriously allergic to peanut butter and had to make a trip to the hospital when he started to have difficulty breathing. 🙁 Your boyfriend will definitely have to be careful in the future. Like Vicky says, the reaction will be worse the 2nd time around.

Oh man! That is terrible! To not be able to eat shrimp, BOO!! Glad he is okay, but seafood allergies can get really bad. And, on the midol, eh, anti-inflammatory doesn't care what is on the label! He was good for taking it!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

That's funny about the midol. Glad it worked. He really should get checked out, but sometime eating a large quantity of very fresh shrimp can cause that type of reaction due to the high levels of iodine.

Look at you Ms. Smarty Pants. So, it might not be a shrimp allergy….just a shrimp overload reaction!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Exactly, happened to a friend of ours while we were on vacation together. He should still get checked out, better safe than sorry.

See, i'm not just a pretty face. LOL!

LOL Linda, poor guy! omg! I was allergic to chocolate until my late teens! Can you imagine? ah! He has ate shrimp many times before! This shrimp came straight off a boat though, no store bought. And while we were peeling and *eek* deveining them (yuck) he started to itch! So that should have been a huge clue!!!! So i think we will stick to store bought, slightly processed Lol. I told him the midol was good Lol!

And thank you Kim, i would love for him to go see a doctor, but he is the typical male! unless he is bleeding to death, he won't go near them!

Exactly, happened to a friend of ours while we were on vacation together. He should still get checked out, better safe than sorry.

See, i'm not just a pretty face. LOL!

You are still a pretty face, and I knew you were smart, I don't have dumb girlfriends. ;)

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

OMG, call 911……;lol

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Well at least his cramping and bitching was cured…lol!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                    Send PM

hahaha Andiepants!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.