Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrappy Spaces A MUST HAVE FOR ORGANIZATION

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

An absolutely mooost have for organizing your scrap space is an exteal hard drive.  There has been more than one savage who has either lost, or come close to losing their hard drive.  Most of us keep our pictures on our computers. 

I am getting ready to move over pics from 2010 and 2011 in just a few minutes.  Not only will it clear up some space on my lappy, but it will help to ensure the safety of my pics and important programs.  It only takes a minute to copy and paste, and that's all it takes!

Take a look at this deal from Tiger Direct http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5532176&Sku=S130-9000?  Seriously?!  Not only is that cheap, but look at the amount of space on there!  If you make one investment this year, it should be an exteal hard drive.  

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

That is an excellent idea, Lisa! I have everything cloud saved now, but there are three things I lost when my old computer took a dump that I didn't have saved elsewhere that still bums me out: my Cricut Design Studio, Sure Cuts A Lot, and all my PSE actions. Those are gone forever. SCAL is a real bummer because you can't buy it anymore.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Very, very good advice!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I have important stuff saved on flash drives.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Got an extra exteal HD when I lost everything last year. That was a good lesson. I had lots saved, but I did lose important pics.Thanks for the reminder to back-up everything!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Sooooo, I got my pics moved and other programs and things copied to the exteal. I decided to do a full back up of my lappy and guess what? I don't have enough room on my exteal! LOL OMGoodness. I ordered the Seagate I provided the link to. My current exteal is a Seagate and it rocks!

I have 2 exteal hard drives and I back up EVERYTHING all the time!! Great tip. I only spent like 125.00 for each of them. But it is worth the peace of mind!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thanks for the reminder Lisa. I'm backing everything up right now!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Not only do I back up. I copy all my pictures to dvd's. We keep one copy here and put a copy in our safe deposit box. Yes, i've lost pictures too.

I have been looking at the online store companies because they are only $59 for one year and they back up all the time. Anyone have experience with these?
                  LISa v WE WAnt to see your scrap area also please.
                  All Lisa's please post.

I posted mine…

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

DH and I now both have Mac's and Apple makes a gizmo called Time Capsule that backs up everything on both computers every hour

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

DH and I now both have Mac's and Apple makes a gizmo called Time Capsule that backs up everything on both computers every hour

I have a Mac and am very technologically challenged! My time capsule thing is always going off with some sort of reminder. So it's not automatically built in and I need a separate gizmo? I better check that out!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I think you can set your Time Capsule up to do it automatically, and then you shouldn't need an exteal hard drive. But don't quote me on that, I'm better with things I can touch and see.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Oh good, that's what I was originally thinking. But then I was getting nervous. I still do have an exteal hard drive and back stuff up every once in awhile just to be safe.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.