Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff A Small Gushy Overload Ode to Swirlydoos

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

I have noticed in the past months, many Swirly sisters leaving for DT gigs at other sites and clubs.

I have been there, done that and I have to say something.

It is not as good as we have it here.

;)

I love Krissy and our Swirly crew.

I know I have been lacking in the layout department, but I am hoping to get some mojo back! The September kit is AHMAZING and it shows even in extremely tough times just what our fearless savage leader does for us. 🙂

She is the Swirly-master and I would not want to be anywhere else!

Lovies!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Manda, I haven't been here that long but I wholeheartedly agree. I shopped around a lot before I settled on a kit club and there really wasn't anything that compared to Swirlydoos. Krissy's done a fantastic job at making Swirlydoos the best there is.

Mandy, I agree with you, Krissy has the best of the best. I haven't done much scrapping lately myself but no way, no how would I consider any other kit club to be superior. Gotta love our Krissy!

Snagg1
        Send PM

I agree Manda! *fist bump* Shortly after I signed up for a kit and got to know everyone just a bit, I knew I found a home. Krissy is amazing and everyone who has found themselves here are equally amazing.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

This is the best club and you CANNOT find a better swirly savage goddess anywhere else..3 cheers for swirlydoos and Krissy

HEAR HEAR!!!!!

or is that here here???

Snagg1
            Send PM

It may seem like swirly sisters are leaving but from what I have seen they are growing as artists. They may be absent more often but they don't leave. Thats whats so great about this place you come in like a baby and grow up and test the waters. Roots and wings.. A Toy story line that seems appropriate Where here when Andy gets back Noone has said swirlydoos is not the greatest but when opportunity knocks at your door most would jump at the opportunity. I am still fairly new at all this and lovin every minute. I may play in other sandboxes but come home at the end of the day. (Gotta stay up late and watch for birdies ya know)

Well put. This is definitely the best kit out there…I have seen samples from others on sb.com and they can't compare to the beautiful products we receive and the DTs beautiful inspiration! Congrats to Krissy and all on the DT!

It may seem like swirly sisters are leaving but from what I have seen they are growing as artists. They may be absent more often but they don't leave. Thats whats so great about this place you come in like a baby and grow up and test the waters. Roots and wings.. A Toy story line that seems appropriate Where here when Andy gets back Noone has said swirlydoos is not the greatest but when opportunity knocks at your door most would jump at the opportunity. I am still fairly new at all this and lovin every minute. I may play in other sandboxes but come home at the end of the day. (Gotta stay up late and watch for birdies ya know)

Most definitely! Not at all knocking anyone grabbing up an opportunity, as I said, been there, done that! It is amazing to watch as confidence and skill grows, but also sad to not have those sisters here as much as I would selfishly like! ;)

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Manda, thanks for starting this thread!!!
              I concur: Krissy's dedication and skills, the DT's talent, and the strange Savage Sisterhood that has grown here make Swirlydoos unique.
              And month after month, the Swirly kits are so much better than the rest…
              ***Connie, so well put; this is THE sandbox for growth!!!!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Manda, I think we just cross posted 🙂
                I agree, I do miss having some of those sisters around. I enjoy seeing their work over there, but I miss their posts over here.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I agree Peggy..I miss their smiling faces

OK, this is coming from a Designers perspective…
                  Every once in a while, I will get a glimpse of a kit at another kit site, and say to myself,,,Damn…That is my style, why didn't we do those papers first..Now, hold on….I am friends with a couple of Designers on 2 other kit clubs…I don't know if I could abide by the rules they have. Not that we don't have rules…We do, but our Designers have so much say into what we put into our kits..And you the subscribers have just as much say in what you WANT in your kits. Krissy always delivers. Once in a while, I feel a little challenged with our kits as I may have not really worked with the style or colors in it, then I dive in and instead i=of being challenged, I am inspired and start working out of the box..That helps me grow in my style as an artist. Take for instance the last tech kit with Timmy's Kraft paper…Yuck I thought to myself..I hate Kraft paper…Then something happened…How would I know if I hated Kraft paper if I never worked with it…So I worked with it..I LOVE KRAFT PAPER!!!! So much so that I ran out and bought a whole My Minds Eye 12×12 paper pad of Designer Kraft…And when we got the Grunge Kit..I thought WTF??? Painters Spackle tape?? Grate wire??? OMG..what am I going to do with this stuff!! Guess what….To this day, The Grunge kit happens to be one of my fave!!! I ended up loving it!. Krissy had a vision, I ran with it..And had a ton of fun doing that.
                  Not to long ago, a friend on another team asked me a personal question. It was, If you ever left Swirlydoos, would you ever consider joining our Team?? HHmmm. I didn't have to think very long about my answer….Ummm…What makes you think I would ever leave Swirlydoos???!!! lol…
                  Honestly?? I probably wouldn't join another team..Rather just Guest Design just to get the variety factor in.
                  No one compares to what we have here. I would Guest Design, but I would'nt commit. They would have to surpass the customer Service, Quality, Friendships, opportunities ect ect ect…Not sure if that could be done…
                  And for the Swirly Sisters who accepted DT positions at other companies..I say BRAVO!!!!! Krissy and I talked about this often. She wishes she could keep each and every one who would make a wonderful addition to our team. But she cant. Soooooooo, I feel that it is a compliment when these Designers have grown in their style so much, that they are ready and accepted to the position of Design Team elsewhere..Be it here, or there…That makes me very proud!! Did we grow them???? No, they grew themselves…Did we help that??? ABSOLUTELY!!! We all helped!!
                  And when I feel like I NEED to move away from current assignments because I lust to do something else (like my wanting to do Autumn everything this month), then I break out non Swirly stuff and get it out of my system…That's not cheating..That is mixing it up a little. It's like taking a mini vacation, then I'm back to what I love..Swirlydoos!!!

Just being honest here…

And I really don't miss them, because I have kept in close touch with each and every one of them…

Mandy, I agree with you, Krissy has the best of the best. I haven't done much scrapping lately myself but no way, no how would I consider any other kit club to be superior. Gotta love our Krissy!

My sentiments exactly!

And LisaG – whoa! I love your honesty and what a great perspective! !lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.