Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff A Weekend with Finnabair

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I was so extremely lucky to get a place on Finnabair's weekend workshop at Harrogate in England last weekend. It was a lot of travelling – 12 hours on the Ferry to the Scottish Mainland and then another eight hours on various different trains, but it was worth it!

This is the canvas I did on the Saturday moing

[img:width=268&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1402094155_896_FT0_dscf4732.jpg[/img]

And some of the detail (I just loved this!)

[img:width=472&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1402094197_896_FT0_dscf4735.jpg[/img]

Then on Sunday moing we made this fabulous joual cover (the back is heavily decorated as well)

[img:width=530&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1402094239_896_FT0_dscf4741.jpg[/img]

And the afteoon was spent doing three joual spreads, the last one we had just 20 minutes and very few supplies!

[img:width=600&height=397]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1402094314_896_FT0_dscf4749_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=403]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1402094314_896_FT0_dscf4752_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=404]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1402094314_896_FT0_dscf4756_.jpg[/img]

It was the most fabulous weekend and I leat such a lot which I am just itching to incorporate in my own style. There was also a fabulous shop attached to the workshop and my case was just loaded! This was the very first workshop I have ever attended and the shop was the first too I had ever visited. I have to buy everything online, so it was just fabulous being able to see everything. I hope I get to do another one!

Jennie x

Snagg1
        Send PM

These are beautiful!!What a fabulous experience!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Wow Jennie, your projects are fabulous!!! I am so jealous, LOL. I would love to take a class with Finn!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Lovely work, I hope to be able to take one of her classes eventually. I love her style but have no idea how to even begin that process.

Jennie, I am so envious! You are really lucky to be able to take her classes. Your projects are absolutely beautiful.

Snagg1
            Send PM

How awesome! What a great treat to be at a Finnabair workshop

Gorgeous projects =) It must have been grat fun =)

I love her classes!
            Finn is coming to Sweden again this autumn and I will take two classes =) The canvas class that you took and another one with lots of black gesso… don´t remember the name of it.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Beautiful, Jennie! Sounds like you had an amazing time!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

You really DID have to put a lot of effort to get to this workshop… but everything is WONDERFUL! Love, love, love that fabulous joual cover – wow! It's all gorgeous, but the greens and blues of that cover are so luscious and rich! And all that yummy texture!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Wow Jennie these are awesome projects, I especially love that joual cover!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Awesome! Your projects are beautiful. I loved taking a class from her. She is such an amazing artist and so sweet. I'm glad you got to go!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

gorgeous, gorgeous projects!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Wow lovely projects!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Jennie, Your projects are amazing! Totally love each and every one of them, but the top one, Oh My Gosh…Beautiful!!!

Gosh these are beautiful Jennie, what an amazing experience for you! You,ve done a fab job on these, love the detail photo of your canvas!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.