Home Forums Scrap Chat Scrappy Spaces Amber Help

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I am very frustrated. All these new tutorials coming out and I don't feel like I can work on them until I get my craft room done. The problem is I have my paper in these three draw 12/12 and my closet is full. I have it full of storage and I don't seem to have any more room.

I ordered the cupboard that was on the front of the newsletter with the Dec kit. I guess I can get some more 4 drawer storage containers with wheels and put them under my desk. Help.

Nevermind I have to take pictures and send them too you. My frustration is that I have many days where I ccan't scrap because of health so when I have a good day it is frustrating working on the room. I know in the long run I will be happy. Think I will order rollingg drawers tonight. Thanks %-6

What are those plastic things you have in your closet for paper 12/12 and where did u get them. I think they would take up less room than my drawers.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

There's nothing wrong with taking a break from sorting to get some scrapping done. Sorting and organizing can be very stressful and take a lot out of you. It's important to take breaks to do something you enjoy. Your brain needs the rest that switching gears can provide. Remember, reorganizing on such a large scale is a marathon, not a sprint.

If you find you are reaching a point where you need to purchase additional storage I'd also take a break. Use the room you have created. Have some fun. See what you've done that is working for you and what isn't (for example, are the things you use most within easy reach, does the placement of items make sense, etc), then you can go back and make changes and move forward constantly. It may also prevent you from buying stuff you don't really need or might not best suit the purpose in a rush to just be done.

Take some deep breaths. You've done a ton of work and deserve a rest. I know I go squirly if I go too long without scrapping.

TY Jackie. Office Depot has their rolling carts on sale for $10 less than usual. One of the problems I have is I am chlosterfobic and I don't want things out. The tubs will go under the desks and everything else in the closet. That will make me feel much less manic and calm. The problem is all my sprays and mists and stuff are goingin the cupboard I ordered and are not really accessible. Do you have any idea where Amber got the things that holds her paper?

I watched two tutorials today and do not have what I need to be able to do anything with them. I need sprays etc for the sat. tutorial and need something for the Miss Art. I guess I need to take a trip to Michaels.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Do you mean the Cropper Hoppers that Amber posted when she was discussing scrap storage?

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Jackie couldn't have said it any better! And yes, those are Cropper Hoppers. They even carry them at Michaels ;)

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Kathy, hang in there dear! I would set smaller goals so you get a sense of accomplishment. If I were setting goals for you, here's what I would suggest…

– Your priority for organizing should simply be getting the shelving units and fuiture back in your space. This is stuff that you can't do on your own and it requires help. The rest of it doesn't matter because you can do it at your leisure. So, don't focus on organizing the entire room as a whole, break it into smaller chunks and just focus on getting the big pieces placed. You can do everything else later one thing at a time. Manageable now?

– 2nd goal would be to commit to one challenge (maybe sketch challenge for example) a month and nothing else. What I like about this is you will have all of the necessary items because they'll come in the kit and you're not focused on trying to buy such and such to join in the fun. Also, the good thing about the sketch challenge is you have a month to complete it, so hopefully this will fit into your schedule even if your health issues flare up.

– Have some fun! Remember, this is supposed to be a relaxing hobby.

I think if you break everything down and just try to focus on the two things I suggested, you will feel a lot better. When you're trying to do everything all at once it is very overwhelming. So coupled with everything that Jackie already suggested I think you will be in good shape.

So remember…fuiture / sketch challenge / fun / and nothing else…YOU CAN DO IT 🙂 🙂

Wonderful advice Amber!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh thanks Lisa!

TY Amber my goal was to get the fuiture moved in and all the stuff paper embellishments etcx still working on. OK what is the sketch challenge. Gesh. Still want to take some pictures and today wasn't a good day. Looked at the pile in the living room and realized it is down considerably. Will do pictures soon.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

One pile at a time Kathy! You're seriously doing great kid. Your health issues are nothing to scoff at and most people would be incapacitated trying to deal with the same hand you've been dealt. I'm very proud of you and it sounds like you're making headway. The sketch challenge is literally just the one that comes with your actual kit. Nothing says you can't substitute taking pictures for sketch challenge. Do whatever brings you joy my dear ;)

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Whew.. way to go Amber..Im glad u have this handled. This thread was giving me a headache.. cleaning, organizing, and scrapping. I rather keep a messy room right now and scrap in the mess.

Have fun swirlys

TY for your suggestion. Tonight I saw a shoe rack that goes on the wall or door and has shelves. Excited because I think I can put that on my wall behind the door for my punches. QT I am sorry it was upsetting you but Amber got involved with lots of us who were making hcanges in our scraproom. I had madde a major change moving my room mate into the smaller room and take over the big room. It was very emotional for me to take over the bigger room in my house. She really liked to bigger room and so I wouldn[t do for me. After I got through getting her to move to the other room which looks nice she moved everything into the liviong room which was overhwleming but she wante her room fixe before she went to Texas for vacation. When Amber shared pictures of her room it got lots of us going. She loves organizing and had great answers and ideas. I get very manic and I really appreciate the suggestions that help me not work for 48 hours without stoppig, etc. Huh Debbie. If I should be posting this somewhere else please let me know. I know there are several of us working on this right now.

Amber volunteered to help us and says she loves working on this. You are forunate you are happy with your scrap area and doing your l/o. I envy you and I will get their too. Hopefully my daughter won't move home again or I take in another Bulgarian woman who needs help. I have spent almost one year working on this because of all the changes in people in my house. Now I am almost one.

Amber I was thinking I would go through the stuff that is left in the living room and move it into an area out of the way and then work on that stuff a little at a time. TY for your help. I am sure this would make more sense like connie does. I will try tomorrow but I have to pick up myr oommate at the airport.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

LaQuette you totally crack me up ;) I love it!

Kathy, I think you're onto something. I did 90% of my projects downstairs in front of the TV. I think I spent an entire weekend watching OWN and wrapping ribbon around craft sticks…LOL! Keep me posted, you know I love all this 🙂

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I figured the thread needed a lighten mood. Lol!

Take one day at a time Kathy. I guess that's why I'm in my bedroom scrapping right now. Organizing my scraproom will be a task after reorganizing 2 kids room. I need the scrap release while doing their 2 rooms.

I think I have made my craftroom my stress factor right now. How about I come organize your kids rooms and you can finish my craft room. One of the reason I am trying to get done is I have been messing with setting up craft rooms three times in the last year. I guess scrapping is not a release right now and I can see I am close to that and can't wait until I ccan just go into my room and play. I want to wave a magic wand over the room an have it look like Ambers or my friend Cindy. Sorry if my posting is bothering you but I am getting a lot of help from Amber. I will work on humor and try to get away from the overwhelmed negative. I pick my roommate up at the airport tonight and that will help. She works around the house to pay for her rent. When she left she was overwhelmed with moving and just put her stuff away and now she can help me finish the rest of the house. Good luck on your kids 2 rooms. I remember doing that a lot until they got old enough to do it themselves and omg they did some drastic painting and things. (Actually miss those times – I think)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.