Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Anatomy of a Layout – Midnight Waltz

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

BeautifulSoul-1.jpg

Supplies:
      002-4-1.jpg

* Paper: Vintage Blue Stripe, Vintage Blue Toile, Vintage Blue Polka Dot, Vintage Blue Rose, Vintage Blue Floral, scrap manilla paper
      * Glitz Tiny Alphas
      * Glitz Paper Layers
      * Prima Resin Window & Photo Coer
      * Small Blue & Yellow flowers
      * Butterflies from Filw (1 sm and 1 lg)
      * Sizzix Tattered Floral Die
      * Lifestyle Swirls Dies
      * Heartfelt Creations Leaf stamp (black ink)
      * Any color green mist (I used Lindy's Starburst)
      * MS Deep Edge punch – Floral Vine
      * MS Punch – Deco Fan
      * Prima Bling
      * 2 Pearl Stick Pins

003-3-1.jpg

Step One:
      *Assumes you are using a 4×6 photo
      *Cut 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 rectangle from center of Vintage Blue Stripe
      *Cut Vintage Blue Toile into an 11 inch square
      *Center and glue Vintage Toile onto the Vintage Stripe

004-5-1.jpg

Step Two

*Cut Vintage Blue Polka Dot to 5 1/4 x 11 inches
      *Using your deep edge Floral Vine punch, punch the length of both edges
      *Cut 2- 1×11 strips from Vintage Blue Polka Dot

005-6-1.jpg

Step 3

*Flip over the larger strip with the Floral Vine Punch (so that the yellow side faces you)
      *Glue the 1 stripes (blue side facing you) so that they cover the majority of your Floral Vine punch

006-5-1.jpg

Step 4
      * Glue the strip you just completed onto the Vintage Toile – I brought mine in about an inch from the side

011-6-1.jpg

Step 5
      Create your photo mat
      *Take any contrasting yellow paper from the kit and cut it 5×7
      *Cut a 1×6 1/4 strip from the Vintage Rose Paper
      * Using the Deco Fan Punch, punch the length of one side.
      * Center the Vintage Stripe onto the yellow mat and then move it up toward the top just a touch. You want to leave room for your punched strip.
      * Using the YELLOW side of the Deco Fan strip, glue it to the bottom of the Vintage Stripe. You will need to slide it undeeath so you have a nice edge.
      * Center and adhere your photo to the mat.

007-3-1.jpg

Step Six
      Create your flowers & Leaves and Butterlies
      * Get 2 of 3 blue papers from the Glitz pack (there are 3 that are identical)
      * Using your Tattered Floral Die cut 4 large and 2 medium (not the daisy-like flower) flowers
      * Cut the wire stems off of 2 small dark blue flowers from the kit
      * Arrange two large flowers, 1 medium flower together, off-setting the petals and then glue the small blue flower in the middle. Repeat for your 2nd flower
      * You will need to dampen the paper just a LITTLE bit (paper tears easy). This is so that the paper will hold some of the crumpling and shaping it needs to look like a flower
      * Take your manilla scrap paper and stamp two sets of leaves on it. Mist or ink to your desired color and then cut them out.
      * Cut out 2 butterflies and shape the wings so that they are bent a little bit. Add rock candy stickles for accent.

008-2-1.jpg

016-1-1.jpg

Step Seven

Cutting your Swirls and embellishing them – Resin Photo Coer
      * Using your Vintage Floral paper and the Swirl Dies, cut 2 of the largest swirls out.
      * Using the Prima Bling that came in the kit, accent a few of the swirls, and accent the coer flower on the resin photo coer.

017-4-1.jpg

013-2-1.jpg

Step Eight
      Final Assembly
      * Using 2 more of the Glitz Papers, layer them on your page undeeath your photo and glue them down along with your picture.
      * Using Alphas, place your title onto one of the papers
      * Start assembling your flowers, leaves, swirls, stick pins, butterflies and resin window to your liking and then glue them all down.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Gorgeous layout Lisa! Thanks for sharing. I would have never though to cut my photo mat from your first sheet of paper.

Gorgeous! Have a question on the TH die, can you use that die in the quickcutz revolution or do you have to have the sizzix machine?

Wonderful job showing the steps to that beautiful LO.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Gorgeous! Have a question on the TH die, can you use that die in the quickcutz revolution or do you have to have the sizzix machine?

Good Question. I would google that. Someone here may know. I used my Cuttlebug.

Such a GORGEOUS page and wonderful tutorial. Thanks Lisa!!!!!

Gorgeous, Lisa! Thanks so much for the tutorial! Lov that photo of Syd!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Jackie, I don't think that the Quickutz can take the Sizzix Bigz, they're too thick for the space between the rollers. You may have the basic idea among your dies; what you're looking for is a couple of six-petal flowers, about 3 and 1-3/4 wide.
            HTH

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

LisaV, thanks so much for this; your page, photo and techniques are all just so gorgeous!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Wow. Sooo beautiful. I can never seem to get my flowers to look that good with the TH die, but now I'm inspired!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Beautiful page, Lisa! Very inspiring. I'm going to lift it Round Robin style and see what I come up with.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Gorgeous page Lisa. Thanks for all the little tips that I never think about.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your work!

Gorgeous Lisa!!!!!!!!!!1 Just stunning!!!

This is such a great LO, Lisa. Thanks for all the helpful info.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.