Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Anatomy of a Layout -November 2013-Autumn Rose

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

It's finally my tu to share with you how to make a layout using the main kit only so, welcome to the November Anatomy of a Layout!

Layout by Amy Doria

AmarilysNovTutorial01.jpg
    Step 1. Cut out a 8 circle and a 7×5 rectangle from these two patte papers included in the kit.

AmarilysNovTutorial02.jpg
    Step 2. Distress them using a Tim Holtz paper distresser and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink. Machine stitch (or hand stitch) around the circle.

AmarilysNovTutorial03.jpg
    Step 3. This is the handmade part of the layout. Cut two 6 long pieces of red cord and make two loops. Tie a knot at the end to make them stay. Trim a 5 long piece of wired ribbon and make a few folds to it.

AmarilysNovTutorial04.jpg
    Step 4. Adhere the circle to the background a bit off centered and mat the photo on the other lighter distressed paper and add over the circle.

AmarilysNovTutorial05.jpg
    Step 5. Add two smaller photos right under the main 6×4 photo. Lightly ink the edges of the two sticker coers and tuck them in under the top side of the photo. Tuck in the green ribbon under the right side of the photo as shown.

AmarilysNovTutorial06.jpg
    Step 6. Add your flowers and leaves around the photos.

AmarilysNovTutorial07.jpg
    Step 7. Now, tuck in the two red double-looped cord into the flower cluster as well as a few wooden Prima flower and leaves.

AmarilysNovTutorial08.jpg
    Step 8. Add the remaining stickers (bird and butterflies) after lightly inking the edges. Also, fuzzy cut the sentiment from the 4×3 joualing card and add over the right side of the photo.

DSCN7900a.jpg
    Step 9. Add pearls to the butterflies' center and sentiment. Also, add stickles to highlight your butterflies and bird. Finally, add a sweet joualing right under the small photos.

This layout is based on the sketch for this month:
    Nov+Sketch.jpg

A little bit about this layout: The white Maltese, her name is Princess, is my mom's dog. She got pregnant last year and we had 4 little surprises, all different colors! I decided to bring her home with me from my mom's because she couldn't take care of the pups and inevitable, my hubby and I fell in love with one (the one nursing in the main picture). These pictures were taken when the pups were 5 weeks old and it was the first time that we took them outside. At first, they were hesitant but soon they started running and playing with each other!

Amy, this page is Beautiful! Thank you for sharing the step by step!

Beautiful LO, Amy! Thanks for the tutorial!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

This is wonderful, Amy!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

So pretty! I love the color combo!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Adorable Amy. Great job.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

This is gorgeous, Amy!!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Amy, I love this!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Beautiful layout, great tutorial, TFS!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Beautifully done, and you make it look so easy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.