Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Anatomy of a Layout using the Inspiration Kit

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Anatomy of a Layout for the September kit, Inspiration
      Photo Tutorial by Rae Moses
      1346635424_16_FT170021_photo5_1.jpg
      Start with the pink paper- make an artisan shape. You can use a die cut paper if you have one, free-hand it, or cut one out using a digital cutting machine. Distress, Ink it with a brown or antique distress ink, then use black chalk ink on the edges.

[img:width=500&height=324]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346859801_16_FT0_photo2.jpg[/img]
      Using the artisan shape on the pink paper, trace half of the shape on the diamond paper with yellow roses.

[img:width=500&height=354]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346859905_16_FT0_photo3.jpg[/img]

Glue that half to the pink paper after inking and distressing.
      Cut out 4 1-inch border strips from the black cardstock, then ran a file over them to expose the underlayer of tan. I used Fiskars Apron Lace. I “mitered” the strips by cutting slits up to the design so you can glue it to the back of the artisan shape and maintain the design. (I got this idea from our very own Jan!)

[img:width=402&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346859968_16_FT0_photo1_60.jpg[/img]

Here is what it will look like:
      [img:width=500&height=374]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346860062_16_FT0_photo5.jpg[/img]

Notice the rotary tool: use that to trace inside the edges, then trace the small holes with a black pen to create faux stitching. See that piece of paper off to the side? That will be your background that you will cut some of the middle out of to use on the front of the layout. (It's the one with the balloon on it.)
      Here is a picture of everything that needs to be cut out of various papers in the kit, (the flourishes are cut from the black cardstock using a Memory Box flourish die, but any flourish you have will do.):

[img:width=377&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346860447_16_FT0_photo5.jpg[/img]
      So that’s three stamps, 7X5 black cardstock, two “notepad” images (I used a hole punch to punch out the circles at the top, then ripped them to make them look like they were actually ripped out of a notepad), alphas: BEYOUTIFUL, and cut notecards (You are only using the small edges that are cut.). All pieces are inked and distressed.

[img:width=492&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346860546_16_FT0_photo1.jpg[/img]
      Start assembling your page. (Note, I did not cut out the images from the background before I took this pic, so there are no holes close to the edge, but there will be. ?) Here is what one of the edges will actually look like before you add the stamps:

[img:width=297&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346860628_16_FT0_photo4.jpg[/img]

[img:width=458&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346860689_16_FT0_photo2.jpg[/img]

So this is the basic assembly. Glue the note card edges to the back of your 6X4 pic and glue it to the black cardstock. Add black cardstock to the back of the resin frame.

[img:width=391&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346860750_16_FT0_photo3.jpg[/img]

Fill up the frame with various flowers from the kit.
      Next, add the title using pop dots and any snips of flourishes you have to the “you” part of the title.

[img:width=500&height=271]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346860959_16_FT0_photo5_1-002.jpg[/img]

Now, complete the layout by adding the rest of the embellishments: three velvet trinkets to the bottom of the pic, part of the crystal strip to the “notepad” papers, a bottle cap to one of the holes in the right notepad paper, three purple roses to the picture to create a coer accent, and a white lily to the top flourish with a rose in the middle.

If you do recreate this page, be sure to post it here so we can see it!

[img:width=500&height=500]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1346861082_16_FT0_photo5_1.jpg[/img]

What an awesom epage you created. Thank you for the instructions. I love it!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Thanks Rae, I will be lifing, if not all parts of this.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Rae, this is fantastical!!!!!
          Like Kim, I do see a lift in my future!!!

gorgeous layout and fantastic instructions!

Gorgeous LO, Rae! Thanks for sharing the how-to's! I also plan on lifting this!

Rae…the finished layout is gorgeous and it was fun watching it being created….cute cute photo!! Love the flowers in the frame.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Rae great instructions and love the layout!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Great layout. Thanks for sharing.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                Send PM

Holy smokes you put a lot of work into that page! It is gorgeous!!!!!!! Awesome tutorial. 🙂

wow what a tutorial. I am going to do this for sure! Thank you so much Rae!!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Beautiful Rae!!!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Great tutorial Rae and it's a beautiful layout – I'll be trying this one!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Thanks, sooo much, ladies! This layout was so fun to do.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Sweeet tutorial Rae! I love all the detail in this one!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.