April 9, 2012 at 10:52 am #4551
Hello everyone! I hope you had wonderful Easter!
Today I have a pleasure to show you my very first Swirlydoos Anatomy Of A Layout tutorial – please forgive me if you will find some mistakes, I hope my step by step instructions will be understandable for you all!
So let's start!
Here is the layout, made using the Main Kit:
1. Among the papers from the main kit, you will find one that has a wide strip of the printed book patte. I cutted out this strip and decorated the edges using border punch with the scalloped motif.
2. Then prepare two wide strips from the Bo Bunny brown paper with polka dots patte – the whole size must fit 12 x 12, so my brown strips of papers have a 3.5-inch height. Now we should adhere 3 pieces of papers to make a layout background, right? I used quick-dry glue but you can use any type of glue or adhesive tape you want.
3. Now we have a background and I called this level as a first layer.
4. The next step is to prepare a photo and photo matting. I cropped my photo to match one of the gorgeous joualing cards from the Kit and used joualing card as a photo matting – easy, huh? You can stick the photo with its matt to background using 3d foam tape or glue dots (just make a 3d effect), as I did:
5. Place the photo in the centre of the page, something about a 1,5 inches from the top of the background sheet. For the background for my title I choosed another joualing card, inked the edges and placed under the photo, in the center of the page.
6. Then I started create some additional elements, it’s always good to make a few or more handmade embellies, even if these are very simple (as mine!). I used scalloped circle punch to make some circles from glittered paper, then I used another punch to make a smaller circles and now you can stick them together using 3d tape or something else to make a more dimensional effect.
7. Now place the circles as you can see on the below photo.
8. Split SIIP onto two parts and put gently on the page, it’s not matter if part of the decoration do not stick to the background – this will look even better, with more delicate, “airy” effect.
9. Now look at your Main Kit papers, it’s easy to find the one patte with lots of small labels – find such one with the horse and beautiful saying – it will be our title! Cut out carefully the title and place it in the centre of our joualing card, which we prepared as a title background. Find some patteed strips among your papers – I used them for making a decorative strips above the photo and under the title.
10. Phewww… it’s almost done, but… we can add some more layers here! And flowers – of course! My finish touch are delicate leaves – you can use punch or your dies (as I did). Cut out a several leaves or branch and place them with the flowers from the Kit. It seems that we have done!
Thank you so much for letting me share a few of my ideas how to make a layout, can’t wait to see your versions! If you use my step by step tutorial as inspirations – please upload your beautiful page here in this thread!
[img:width=600&height=579]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333968767_956_FT0_anatomy_lo_karola1.jpg[/img]April 9, 2012 at 10:58 am #164703
WHat an AMAZING page and perfect instructions. Thank you so much Karola!!!!!!!April 9, 2012 at 11:09 am #164704April 9, 2012 at 11:57 am #164705
OMW Karola! You are a natural! Wonderfully written. Your work is so inspirational. Thank you!!!April 9, 2012 at 12:04 pm #164706
Karola, Your LO is sooooooo Beautiful and elegant, Love everything. You instructions are so easy to follow…….. Thank YOu soooo much…April 9, 2012 at 12:55 pm #164707April 9, 2012 at 1:05 pm #164708April 9, 2012 at 2:17 pm #164709
such a gorgeous page .. and inspiring tutorial!
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."April 9, 2012 at 3:51 pm #164710
Oh, perfection!!!! So inspiring ! Thank you, Karola!
"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."April 9, 2012 at 3:51 pm #164711
Karola, this page is just stunning!!!! And your tutorial is just perfect!!!!
Thank you so very much!!!!April 9, 2012 at 4:14 pm #164712
Karola this layout is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your step by step tutorial – very easy to follow.April 9, 2012 at 7:49 pm #164713April 9, 2012 at 8:34 pm #164714April 9, 2012 at 9:05 pm #164715April 10, 2012 at 12:22 am #164716
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.