Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Anatomy of a page – Poetry en Prose – Irene Tan

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Hi Everyone!! I'm posting this for Irene. I also have a pdf available for those who would like to be able to download and print it out. I tried attaching it here but the file is too big. I will keep working on it, but in the meantime I wanted to get this to you because it is SOOOOOO awesome!!!

We all know that Irene's pages are out of this world. Well, for her tu at the Anatomy, she is doing something a little different. She is giving us a tutorial on how she created her background on this STUNNING page!!!! Here we go!

SecretGardenresize.jpg

Supplies.jpg

Supplies

12×12 paper
      Iron Gate die cut
      Mask
      Gesso
      Palette Knife
      Shimmerz – 2 colors
      Distress Ink

Step1.jpg

Step 1
      Put the mask over the patteed paper and randomly apply some white gesso on it using a palette knife. Let it dry. Do not remove the mask.

Step1a.jpg

Step2.jpg

Step 2
      Mist two colours of Shimmerz mist on it. Later, use a wet wipe and wipe off any inks which are on top of the areas with gesso. Let it dry. Do not remove the mask.

Step3.jpg

Step 3

Enhance the masking with Faded Jeans distress ink and a sponge or the distress ink applicator. Then only remove the mask.

Step4.jpg

Step 4
      Use a brush and Peeled Paint distress ink to color part of the masked image. (Swipe some distress ink onto a non stain mat and mist of water over it. Use a brush to pick up the colours to paint.)

Step4a.jpg

Step5.jpg

Step 5
      Cut a portion of the die cut gate piece and attach it to the right of the layout.

Step 6

Then, add your photograph and some embellishment around it.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Words do not describe the beauty of this page. Do you think she would do one for me???

Snagg1
          Send PM

LOL! I know, right! It's pretty big isn't it? Hmm, pics are sized properly. Maybe it is just my pc.

Irene, girl you know I love it! Beautiful thanks for sharing it.. Lisa thank you for posting it for Irene!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Everything is perfect. I think I need to take breaks everyday from work and get online with all of you.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Stunning tutorial!

Gorgeous!!

Oh My WOW! Thanks so much for the tutorial! Awesome!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Thanks Lisa for helping me out on posting this. I'm also here to answer any questions if there is.

By the way, I've had loads of fun on my first ever zentangle on this layout too!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Wow! The layout is stunning. The tutorial is great. No excuse now gotta use the gesso.

Great tut! Looks like fun and have to give it a try.

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Thanks. I read that some of you are asking, what is the difference between gesso and white paint? Firstly, gesso is a medium which is normally used to prep the rough surface of canvas for painting. This means, it will create dimensional textures if you apply on a flat surface. If course, the more you use, the greater the texture. Gesso when wet, can be mixed with some acrylic paint, reinker for more fun.
                    Secondly, gesso as a resist towards water based mediums. Geeso when dry, create an amazing surface towards water based mediums. You can easily use a wet wipe to wipe off any water based mediums on it. Unlike white paint, when it gets wet, it will starts to mix with the medium and you can't wipe that off.
                    Hope this helps to answer some questions.

This is absolutely spectacular.

Thanks so much for the tutorial, stunning LO!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Absolutely stunning, I have to try this!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.