Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Any cheap place to get photoshop

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

OK do I need a photoshop and where is the best place to buy it.. TY

I bought mine on Amazon but it was on sale. Reg price is about $99 I think..

Snagg1
      Send PM

I got PSE right from Adobe online and I think I paid about $100 on a promotion or something. It's the Florabella and other actions that will break the piggy bank.

I signed up for Adobe's newsletter, and sometimes they have great deals. I had PSE 6, and at Easter they were selling the full version of CS5 for PSE owners for $299. I had been wanting the full version FOREVER and I jumped on it. Sometimes you can find Elements in the stores with a $20 rebate which helps.

I got PSE right from Adobe online and I think I paid about $100 on a promotion or something. It's the Florabella and other actions that will break the piggy bank.

You got that right!! I make it a habit, for every photo shoot I do, I take part of my eaings and buy a piece of equipment or a set of actions. It doesn't sting so bad when i do it that way.

Now I am waiting for someone to come out with new actions!!

You can go to Adobe and get the CS5 if you still get a paycheck from an educational institution. I still tutor, so I qualified for it. I'm part-time, but it didn't matter.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Honestly, I wanna say no you don't need it. Here's my thinking, if you are unsure what it is/how to use it, then no you don't need it. It is a lot to invest in something to just have.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have all the cool tools/gadgets but if you don't use them it's just a waste of money.

Honestly, I wanna say no you don't need it. Here's my thinking, if you are unsure what it is/how to use it, then no you don't need it. It is a lot to invest in something to just have.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have all the cool tools/gadgets but if you don't use them it's just a waste of money.

you're such a logical virgo!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

[quote]

you're such a logical virgo!

[/quote]
          Sometimes!

I would not start with photoshop CS5. Unless you are a professional photographer or plan to edit photos to that degree you really do not need it. You certainly do not need to start off with it. The leaing curve for photoshop is HUGE and can be extremely frustrating if you are not dedicated to getting over that hump.
          I got PSE9 on Amazon for like 6.00 after the adobe rebate and the 40.00 credit from amazon for opening one of their charges. Amazon is probably your best deal but you have to keep checking to see what specials are available. PSE is pretty much all the average scrapbooker will ever need. I use PSE6 and 9 and I do all my edits in it and you all see what I do. The more knowledge you have on how to use it the more outstanding you can make your edits even in PSE. (getting off my pse high horse now)

Holy Cow, Lisa! That's a great deal! I've heard GIMP is pretty cool photo editing software, too and supposed to be a free download. I got CS5 because I've always wanted to do more extreme and elaborate photo manipulation and it definitely is a challenge, but I'm having fun with it 🙂

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

What Kim said.

Kathy, there are some free photo editing programs on the web. Maybe someone here has some links? Anyway, you may want to try one of these out and see if you enjoy doing this before committing $$$$. What LisaG said about the actions is true, yet you need to spend even more $$$ on these if you want to go beyond simple photo editing.

I started out with PSE 5….didn't really use it that much until I joined Swirlydoos. I got interested in in again, and PSE8. Then, I tried the free download of CS5….had to have it! I think it is easier in some ways and better than PSE8….but…that's just my humble opinion. I did use Lynda.com for several months for the leaing curve. That helped tremendously!

I love love to edit my photos. I need a new updated version of photoshop. I have, (and don't laugh) PS 7.0 that is how old and long I have had it. I love the examples I have seen with the editing and I believe I would really be interested in a newer version. I think I will check out Amazon. Thanks Girls!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.