Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Any Southwest Airlines expert in the house?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I need major help! I booked my ticket with Southwest for Swirly camp under my married name back in November. Since then, the divorce was finalized so I went to my maiden name. Now, the ticket doesn't match and I don't know what to do. I called SW and was told to call another # which has been busy all moing. Looking at old comments on SW it looks like the policy has been that you have to buy a new ticket. Now, that is just rude.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I haven't flew in a awhile. Do you still have your married license, divorce decree or marriage record to show proof when u check in?

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Or drivers license with your married last name?

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I fly SW quite alot. They;ve always been very helpful. Keep trying that number> don't see why they can't refund you and then you can buy the new ticket. There should be someway around this

Or drivers license with your married last name?

I gleefully cut it up and threw it away!

I fly SW quite alot. They;ve always been very helpful. Keep trying that number> don't see why they can't refund you and then you can buy the new ticket. There should be someway around this

That is one option the first lady told me. She said that is how it used to be done but some rules changed 4/29 of this year and I needed to call this other number. I just checked prices and they have gone up over $100 so I hope I don't have to get a refund and rebuy.

I still have my old SS card and may just see if I can get my license back in my married name for the trip. then change it back again when I get home. What a PITA.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

wishing you luck…keep us posted!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I still have my old SS card and may just see if I can get my license back in my married name for the trip. then change it back again when I get home. What a PITA.

I hope you don't have to do that. There should be procedures for this already. Normally they just take the proof. I pray you don't have to buy a more costly ticket.

Thank you. You would think they had some easy process but from the FAQ comments there is not.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Jan, that sucks! Hopefully, they will work with you on this. It sounds like if you have to get a new DL two times, it might be worth the cost of the more expensive ticket to not do that.

Yes, Rae. I already went up to license bureau and got my license changed back to married name for $12.50. So, will just change it back after camp. Problem solved.

Thank you, ladies.

OMG…What a PIA…You would think that a copy of your divorce papers would be enough proof..Geez..It should have been simple to do.

Did you get this figured out yet? I have a very good friend who's a Travel Agent who may be able to find out..let me know!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.