Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Anybody have a Yorkie?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I'm thinking about getting one, but the reviews online are not too encouraging. I want a sweetie pie who will be sweet…..Anyone have one?? What kind of pet do they make? Are they good around little kids??? Easy to potty train or not???

I still would appreciate you input, but I think I just bought a silver male from my sweet cousin. I'm meeting her tomorrow at 5.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I think Kathy has one?

Snagg1
        Send PM

I have a Yorkie, she is such a sweetie! I have had her for almost 4 years and she has made a perfect pet. She has been very good around my niece and nephews (ranging from 5 months to 8 years old) and hasn't ever snapped at anyone. I will say that she is VERY stubbo and was difficult to potty train. I think a lot of that was my fault though because I wasn't harsh enough when it came to telling her NO. She is very smart, she leaed how to sit and shake very quickly, she just is stubbo in other ways. All in all, Molly is a great dog, I love her to death. She is a big cuddler and very sweet. 🙂

I have always wanted a Yorkie….They are so sweet!!!

Snagg1
          Send PM

My DD's piano teacher has a Pomeranian….OMG she is beyond sweet, terribly cute and loves to be on your lap. She is so good with the other children who come in or are leaving from lessons.

Against my better judgement, I'm picking my baby up this afteoon. My cousin raises Yorkies, and she has one little silver male left with my name on his collar. My DD is none to happy about the new addition, but she has to remember that I'm La Reyna (the Queen), and La Reyna gets what she wants! I'll post pics tonight.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Good Luck Debbie! Can't wait to see him ;D

My parents have two. I adore them..They're like my sisters. They both have very different personalities. Cassie is laid back and easy going..loves everyone. Lulu hates men except my dad and my dh and is like a little Diva when she doesn't get her way. Very high maintenance she is!

Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures!!

I have one and he is very smart but did take awhile to potty train. He leas very quickly and listens well. Just not as affectionate as my Bichon.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

ooooo a puppy……I cant wait to see him 🙂

ooooo a puppy……I cant wait to see him 🙂

Ditto!!!

I have one and he is very smart but did take awhile to potty train. He leas very quickly and listens well. Just not as affectionate as my Bichon.

Ohhhh! If you mated your Yorkie and Bichon, you'd have a Biyork! I have a Cavachon which has a daddy Bichon and a mama Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The Cavachon is such a sweet dog. He's Brynlee's little playmate. They run and chase each other until they can't run anymore. So cute!!!

I guess my DD has mellowed. We're taking a family road trip to get the new puppy. La Reyna wins!!!!
              Thanks everyone for the thumbs-up on this decision. I was really hoping that my Sisters would come in with a vote of confidence. Now….I can get really excited!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.