This topic contains 63 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Are you ready for summer as much as I am????

Today I wished like going to the beach and enjoy the sand between my toes. Letting the sun warm my body and DREAM!
    So… my card is based on a beach theme.

beach600monkey.jpg

Here we go:

1-9.jpg

For the base of my card I cut a piece of sticky back canvas of 7 x 7 inches. I wanted my card to have a lot of texture so I cut a roll of bandage in half.

2-9.jpg

raffled it and cut 4 pieces of.

3-9.jpg

I added the bandage to my canvas using multi medium and let it dry.

4-9.jpg

I swiped with my distress ink pad over the bandage. I used faded jeans – broken china – peeled paint

5-7.jpg

then spritzed it with water to make the colors blend. Heat dried it with my heat tool.

6-8.jpg

I added black soot distress ink to my edges.

7-8.jpg

Then, and I LOVE this stuff, I took some Irridescent Medium (Windsor & Newton) and dabbed it all over.
    the shimmer it gets from that stuff, is AMAZING!!!

8-7.jpg

I selected my embellies

9-7.jpg

I decieded to add a little bit of Gesso in some spots.

11-7.jpg

Glued the netting to my canvas using hot glue.

12-7.jpg

Then I hot glued all the shells, dew drops, and a string of twine, in which I made a few knots.

13-7.jpg

I hand cutted a foot for (don't know the word) my pointing direction standard (don't laugh)
    and handcut the plates. I also brushed on some yellow-gold pigment powder. (Pearl Ex)

here are some shots of the shimmer you get, if using Irridescent Medium.

IMG_6104mon.jpg

mon.jpg

***************************************************************************************

So… the rules for today

Create a project using the colors: BLUE – GREEN – WHITE and TAN or BROWN.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Love your project Paulien. The colors are gorgeous, the shimmer is insane. Now you got me thinking.

Snagg1
        Send PM

OMG! I love that you used bandages!! LOL You are so clever. This rocks!

OMWow! Paulien, this is just gorgeous! Love all the texture! I am running to my medicine cabinet right now, to see if I have any gauze bandages!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

OWWWWWWWW!!!!! I do own gauze, I do own sticky-back!!!! I don't have shells, oh dear 🙁 (
          BUT I think I'll start looking through my scrappy stuffs and I know that I'll be taking out my blues, greens, whites and browns because Paulien made a GORGEOUS card that has me dreaming!!!!!

***(Paulien, the word you want is signpost. And I'm not laughing. You are fluent in two languages. I am fluent in one. You don't know how much I admire you for that.)

awwww thank you so much girls. And Peggy… THANK YOU!!! I'll never forget that word again. Thank you for the compliment love!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Wow a brilliant project Paulien! I love the colours and the bits and pieces you have used and the effect they create are amazing.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Paulien, I LOVE it. I can hardly wait till I get my kids all moved this week and can get back to doing some scrappy fun stuff!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Paulien this is just gorgeous and how clever to use the bandage gauze for texture. You always come up with these great idea, I would never have thought of that in a million years and it looks so cool. You are a true artist!

Awesome! I love it!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Stunning….love the colors…

fabulous!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Paulien your card is gorgeous! Where did you get your netting???? I can't find anything like that around here.
                    Off to the drug store for some gauze bandages and that Irridescent Medium

At the drug store Kathi. The netting is bandage too. They use it here in hospitals to keep the bandage in place.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I was just going to ask what the other white netting is from.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.