This topic contains 39 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Alright there ladies… I haven't had any requests (yet) so I jumped ahead and made this quick card.

happpik600.jpg

Yes it is a quicky, cause I know we all have to compete with time. Here's how I did it.

1-7.jpg

I started with a white piece of cardstock, stamping my text-stamp using archival ink.
    I swiped my inkpad across my stamp and very gently placed it on my cardstock. (Don't press it down)
    archival ink is permanent ink, so you can color over it without your text being smeared all over.

2-7.jpg

Then I started to add color. Wipe your inkpad over your craftsheet, spray it with water and drag your card through it. I began with Antique Linen (heat dry it) my second layer was a mix of Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose.

3-7.jpg

I made some puddles of color. Tattered Rose – Bundle Sage and Tumbled Glass dabbed my fingers in it

4-7.jpg

and flicked it onto my card.

6-6.jpg

I cut my hanging sign, out of chipboard. (using my Vagabond and a Marianne Design die)
    I added 2 layers of white acrylic paint. Dabbed it on the chipboard with a brush.

7-6.jpg

I cut a piece of fabric (kind of a darker linen) and added some Puffy paint to the
    fabric and also on the hanging sign. Let it dry for about 15 minutes. Then heat setted it.

9-5.jpg

I added some tiny ball chain to my hanging sign, cause I want the sign to hang loose.

11-5.jpg

Adhered my fabric to my card, And glued it to my base card.

12-5.jpg

I cut 2 butterflies, which are posted by our lovely Lisa G. added some Glossy Accents to their wings and spread some Diamond Dust on them.

13-5.jpg

I just love how my flowers came out. I got this idea when I watched one of Tiffany's video's.
    Here's how I did them.

14-5.jpg

I started with some Prima Markting E-Line flowers. Colored them with Distress ink mixed with water.

15-4.jpg

After my flowers were dry I stamped them. I inked up my text stamp with Archival ink (Coffee and black) and placed my stamp right onto my flowers. NO PRESSING!!

16-4.jpg

I love the 2 colors of ink showing.

17-4.jpg

I took some stems (mine were white originally. I colored them with alcohol inks)
    cut them in half and poked them through the center of my flower.

20-4.jpg

added some glue to the back. I used Fabri-Tac. Pressed the ends in the glue.

21-1.jpg

added some Glossy Accents to the outher edges of the petals and sprinkled them with Diamond Dust.

22-1.jpg

I cut some leaves from fabric and colored them with Distress ink (Peeled Paint)

23-1.jpg

I added some machine stitching and started to layer my embellies. The hanging sign was mounted a little.
    I added hot glue to the back, let it cool and added another layer to glue it down. Placed my sentiment using Tiny alpha stickers from Kaisercraft.

24-1.jpg

Placed some self adhesive pearls and rubbed Platinum stickles over my stitched edges, using my finger.

25-1.jpg

I also rubed some stickles over my hanging sign. And I was done.

hapik600.jpg

***************************************************************************************

What I would like to see from you is:

Dress up your flowers (with whatever you like)
    Use some gorgeous butterflies (Lisa posted a million of them)
    Use some fabric. (ribbon is counted as fabric as well)

***************************************************************************************

I can't wait to see your creations ladies!!!

Oh, this is a gorgeous card, Paulien! Love the little flowers you created!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Gorgeous card Paulien, I love the hanging sign!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Gorgeous card Paulien.

Snagg1
          Send PM

Paulien….my goodness! You never cease to amaze me. Just gorgeous and so creative.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

You are so talented!!! Oh I just love to copy you!!! I'm making one!!!! Me me…oooo..ooo…me!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

thank you sweeties. Can't wait to see your cards!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

This is going to one of my non-crafty sisters who will never understand her good fortune in receiving one of my treasured pieces of Dusty Attic. Instead of paint and puffy paint, I used Golden gesso for the lamppost. Does lace count as fabric? I hope so, because this piece is perfect, don't you think?
              Paulien, thanks again for encouraging us all to make cards and thanks especially for this project. Like you said, quick, easy, and such a beautiful design!!!!

[img:width=448&height=326]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333636847_36_FT151406_20120406_jean.jpg[/img]

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

This is going to one of my non-crafty sisters who will never understand her good fortune in receiving one of my treasured pieces of Dusty Attic. Instead of paint and puffy paint, I used Golden gesso for the lamppost. Does lace count as fabric? I hope so, because this piece is perfect, don't you think?
                Paulien, thanks again for encouraging us all to make cards and thanks especially for this project. Like you said, quick, easy, and such a beautiful design!!!!

[img:width=448&height=326]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333636847_36_FT151406_20120406_jean.jpg[/img]

Love it Peggy. You are a better sister than I am. My non crafty unappreciative sister gets store bought cards. Not wasting my precious DA on a card for someone who's gonna throw it in the garbage.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Peggy, your sister doesn't know how lucky she is!! awesome card

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Paulien amazing card and tutorial!!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

LOL. Kim!!! She does appreciate the handmade cards that she gets, she just doesn't get it about the ingredients.
                      And thanks, Kim and Kathi for the kind words. !heart

Gorgeous card, Peggy! I love the lace!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I love the design of this card Paulien. If you say it's quick and easy I might get one made for my parents' anniversary before we leave on the weekend!

Peggy, that is beautiful. You are right, the lace is gorgeous!

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Paulien, another gorgeous card!

Peggy, I love the lace on your card – you're right, it's perfect! I'm proud of you for being able to part with one of your coveted pieces of DA – you're a stronger woman than I!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.