Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Attaching floral branches

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

What is the best way to attach floral branches? Is there a great adhesive out there?

Snagg1
        Send PM

I use large glues dots, but I know a lot of people use hot glue. 🙂

yep. hot glue does it for me'

I just hot glue for lots of things these days…..and not for just attaching the rafters to my roof in a hurricane! Right Peggy?

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I use glue dots too, but I have noticed that when it is humid in my house, the stuff I have used glue dots on fall off.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I guess I have to pull out the glue gun. I display my layouts in frames on the walls and on easels and the flowers have been popping off.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I use both but think I prefer hot glue for the reason that the flowers do sometimes fall off when I use glue dots.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I think hot glue is better than sliced bread!

I use glue dots too, but I have noticed that when it is humid in my house, the stuff I have used glue dots on fall off.

I have the same problem with those glue dots Rae. But, I still love them. My best adhevsive buddy is still that Zip Dry glue you girls spoke so highly about sometime ago.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I use a variety of adhesives..glossy accents, fabri-tac, Studio matte medium

I use my tiny attacher and cover up the staples with the flowers or leaves, Sometimes Zip Dry but I find the staples work best on the branches.

I use my tiny attacher and cover up the staples with the flowers or leaves, Sometimes Zip Dry but I find the staples work best on the branches.

Good idea Joelle….never thought about using staples! TFS!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I use my glue gun or glossy accents.
                    If the piece is particularly heavy, I use floral wire. (You have to cover the back of your page with a piece of cardstock when done to hide the gory details.) Just figure out where the piece goes and poke holes opposite each other but NOT too close and thread your wire though and twist the ends in the back. I make sure that I do this in a way that the wire will be covered by leaves other embellies, like Joelle does with the staples. (You can also use embroidery floss to do this. I like the wire because it blends well.)

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I use my glue gun. Or tacky glue but it takes a bit to dry.

I've used glue dots, they just don't hold and are to expensive.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I like Zip Dry too, but I am not patient enough to wait for it to dry. It does hold really well though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.