Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Attaching Vintage Trinkets???

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

What is the best way to attach the trinkets to your LO? I bought the Timmy chain with the closure on one end….but what's the best way to attach it to your LO?

Thanks Savages! I know that you will know the best way….(I've been drinking Pina Coladas, and I'm feeling a buzz….sorry for any misspelled words!)

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

YUM hehe. I just use hot glue if I want it to stick somewhere or an eyelet if I want it to hang. You could also use a brad, just reinforce the back of the brad with hot glue maybe? Sorry not the most inventive ideas lol.

Yummy! Pina Coladas rock! Back to the topic of discussion, I would use some hot glue too. Hehe ;)

Ok….hot glue is in! I'm a kit behind everyone…I'm finishing up my first Bella Volo today…..Day late…Dollar Short….That's me!

Snagg1
        Send PM

I just put one on a Hanging collage this week. I put the jumpring onto the ribbon and then swaged it over a little and used a brad through the cahin. You can see it in my galery at sb.com Sorry I don't know how to do links. Crazy since I am the secretary in the technology department.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I use Zip Dry for metal, and for all my other embellies! Works great!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

I use crafter's pick-the ultimate-has worked well. I tend to get those stringy hot glue things all over.

Stringy hot glue and all….I glued it down to the LO and put a little flower to anchor it. Those Timmy thingys aren't that great! They are very difficult to unhook, and the trinkets hang funny. I just used the chain. That worked just fine. Thanks for the tuts, Girlies!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

FYI – I was wondering the same and saw Shona used some hot glue (she still had strings) on one of her LO's. I used it on a bella volo LO and now my stuff is coming off!! I don't know if my glue is old or what but just be cautious about the hot glue. It doesn't seem to be the best.

I use 2 part epoxy for my metals. It's kinda sticky and makes you high using it in a small area but it'll attach anything.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Beacon 527, Goop, and Glossy Accents are my go tos for tough to adhere items

I use Art Glitter Designer glue…you only need a little and it really holds..dries fast….If I hang something up on the wall…the items stay…where some of my hot glue stuff falls off after a while. You can get a special tip for it so a tiny amount comes out..and it it great with glitter ….Art glitter…any glitter.

I just found a large bottle of Art Glitter Glue…and I have some glossy accents that I've been using to hold down other things.
              Thanks, Savages. I'll be cautious with the hot glue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.