Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff *** Attention Class ***

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

With the kids being back in school, (at least most of them) I thought that, maybe it was fun, if we all could lea something new too. I am talking languages! We have an, open for anything – sharing community, from all over the world. So why not share our languages? For instance, I could teach you a little Dutch. Starting with scrapbook related words, and of course, how you need to pronounce them. Yeah, this could be Fun!!!!!

What do ya think???

I dated an exchange student from Holland, he tried to teach me some Dutch….yeah, that was a no go!! LOL!!

I do enjoy leaing new things though.

Really? Wow… I hope I can do better!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I'm trying to lea Spanish, but I haven't picked up any books in a few weeks. 🙁

I took 3 years of Spanish in HS….I can understand quite a bit, but I can't speak much.

I love Spanish. I would really love to lea that too someday. With me being a Gloria Estefan fan (you can wiggle your nose, but I like her) and her Spanish songs… oh my… I just love it!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I took 2 years of French in HS and took a couple of trips there. I used to be pretty good at it…not so much anymore.

I speak a little Italian too. I took 1 semester of that in college in order to be able to try to converse with my grandparents. I'm 3rd generation here in America on both sides of my family.

My English rocks though!! Been speakin' that $#!^ for 34 years!!! yeah baby!!! YEAH!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Hahaha!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I took 2 years of French in HS and took a couple of trips there. I used to be pretty good at it…not so much anymore.

I speak a little Italian too. I took 1 semester of that in college in order to be able to try to converse with my grandparents. I'm 3rd generation here in America on both sides of my family.

My English rocks though!! Been speakin' that $#!^ for 34 years!!! yeah baby!!! YEAH!!!!

I took 6 yrs of French. Andie, didn't know you spoke french.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

6 years! You can whomp all ova my rear end!!! LOL

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I took three years of Spanish in college. I barely leaed anything. I passed with As though.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Languages are hard for me. Doesn't help that I have tried so many. I did 1 year of Spanish in high school, 2 years of German in college, took an Italian class before my trip to Italy, leaed some Portuguese before my trip there and have tried to pick up some Norweigen since some of my heritage is there. Would love to try some French as I hope to go there some day, but as it is now even if I attempt to speak something and a word comes to mind it could be any of the aforementioned languages and sentences would not be guaranteed to be in all the same.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

hahahaha Sherri!!!! Who knew you were such an over achiever?!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Heck, I kin bearly tawk englich!

My hubby has been trying to teach me Spanish for 10 years…. Unless you want a cup of milk I'm in trouble…. But I'll attempt to leaing anything. I'm in. A for effort counts right????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.