Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Attention Cricuit users

This topic contains 44 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

If you have the software where you can cut things without a cartridge you will want to read this.
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/announcements-f13/provo-craft-sues-make-cut-sure-cuts-lot-t522655.html

Snagg1
      Send PM

That was a matter of time. Too bad Provocraft can't find a way to work with them because I know of a lot of people who bought the machines because they could also cut svg files.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Well guess I won't buy SCAL which I have thought about getting but haven't 'cause I don't use my Cricut that much.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

That was the reason I didn't buy a cricut. I thought Make the cut and scal was a lawsuit waiting to happen since it wasn't put out by provo craft.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

And that's why I didn't buy MCS and SCAL were living on borrowed time… Anyone remember Napster & the lawsuits?
          I do find that I'm using my Cricut a lot more now that Meg got me started understanding how to use the Gypsy. I've managed to find some carts that I love, most of them the far less expensive solutions lines.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I bought both and don't regret it for one minute. They are another way to use a fantastic tool…my cricut expression.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

wow there are alot of angry ppl at Provocraft on that forum hehe…….eeeeeks! It is too bad that they could not work together.

I for one, am TICKED. BOO!! Mostly cause the carts are BUNK. I would get MAYBE 2-3….and that is IT. I use MTC….

🙁

OOPS! I have tons of SVG's. This sucks!!!

It doesn't surprise me but if you have MTC or SCAL you can still use it with your expression. You just won't be able to get any new updates because they won't make it compatible with the Cricut. I'm seriously looking into a Silhouette if it ever comes to the point that I can't use the software with the expression. Right now I'm trying to use my cartridges more but I will never give up my SVG's or making them ;D

Yeah, I will continue to use it, glad I got the latest update!

Doesn't that kinda suck tho that you can't keep your cricut updated? If I couldn't update my Silhouette I would still have to use on my crappy PC instead of my fabulous MAC! ;)
              And I don't know what it entails to update your cricut but don't accidentally do it or you won't be able to use your stuff.

Snagg1
                Send PM

These programs have nothing to due with keeping the Cricut Firmware updated. Provocraft offers updates for that. We just can't keep getting updated on the 3rd party software.

I need to update my Design Studio so I can use my cricut carts, but I think I threw the original box away with the serial number!! How dumb am I???

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I was just wondering how I was going to pull of the Design Studio off of my old computer. I hope I can, along with SCAL.
                  And, my two sense on the subject is this: Provo Craft should have been doing what SCAL and MTC did, and they should be working with these companies instead of suing them. PC is terrible to their customers, always hiking up the price of their products, and making a lot of crappy cartridges. I have about ten or twelve, and I only like a few of the images. Besides that, when I purchase a product, I should be able to do what I want with it; for example, I have an HP computer, and if I could only install the programs they made, it would suck. I could go on and on, but it's not worth the energy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.