Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff "Attitude"

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

It seems like a lot of us ladies are going through stuff right now, and I thought I would share this.

About four years ago, we were in the market for a new home, and it seemed like we were running into a lot of problems with the buyers of the house we were selling, and also with the sellers of the house we were buying- very stressful. To make matters worse, that moing, my husband walked out the door to go to work, only to find that someone threw a rock through the back windshield, which hit so hard that it also broke the dash of the car and shattered the front windshield as well. Later that moing, I was supposed to meet with our realtor after I dropped Owen off at school to sort all of the house stuff out, but on my way to school, a lady backed up into my car, and blamed me (long story). She left before I could get her insurance info accurately, so I went to the police station to file a report. When I got there, they told me not to bother. I was so angry!! After all that, I finally got to the real estate office, but the realtor was out, so I had to wait for 20 minutes. They put me in a small empty cubicle that had a lonely piece of wo paper pinned up. This is what it said:

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude… I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you… we are in charge of our attitudes.

It made me cry, but it also made me smile. I stole it, and that same piece of paper sits folded up on my bedside table. I read it everyday.

Rae, that piece of paper has some very good advise written on it!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

THIEF!!!!!!!!! THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!

**points at Rae** THIEFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

Can I have a copy? hehehehee

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Wow Rae!! that's deep!!! TFS!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

So true Rae!!!
          TFS

thanks for sharing this
          SO TRUE!

Awesome!!!! TFS…

love it! tfs, Rae. I may use that for a canvas. hmmm…. **thinking**

That is true!!! ;D

And I love that you saw a great quote about attitude….and stole it! :p

Very cool, thanks a bunch!
          I just copied and printed this to hang in my cube….I could use it. 🙂

Just what I needed today, thanks Rae!!! So true…

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

This is great Rae! At times,we all need an attitude adjustment!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Rae, you little thief!!!!! (jk)
              That is such a wonderful piece, thanks so very much for taking the trouble to copy and share!!!!!

wow – laughing that you stole it – but it must have been meant for you that day.

I also approach my marriage that way. I can take offense to things my husband says, or I can brush off the tiny stuff and remain unfluffed and forgiving.

Now silly crazy co-workers….all bets are off! 🙂

Love how you swiped it!!! LOL!!

Love this..going to have to copy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.