Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges August SGC- "Get Your Weave On" ***AND THE WINNER IS…*** (See 1st Post)

This topic contains 208 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 210 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

UPDATE: We have a winner, ladies! First, I just want say that every entry was awesome, and I was so thrilled with everyone's weaving choices! Every layout looked completely different! There were some ingenious ideas going on here! There was one layout that with a BRILLIANT idea that made it into nearly everyone's top three: Tammy's (tamh3030) Winter layout with the picture weaved! (How flippin' cool is that!!!!) I still want to know how she did it! Tammy, you'll get a gift certificate to the Swirly Store soon! Thank you all for participating.

Okay, ladies, here's what you gotta do for this challenge:

Create a layout that has weaving on it! You can weave paper, lace or whatever you can thing of! You can use one color like I did, or not, it's up to you. Same goes with the spacing- make spacing in between the weaves, or make it solid. It doesn't matter, just get your weave on!

TWIST!: For one extra point, use a flocking rub on. (AND LIKE IT.)

Make sure you are using at least 40% of Swirly goodness either form kits or the store.

Submit your l/o's in this thread and post them in the Gallery under SGC Challenges with the label
      August SGC-Weaving

All l/o's are to be posted in the Gallery under SGC Challenge by August 31, 2011. On September 1, 2011 through and including September 3, 2011, private message to me your top three (3) votes. Do not vote for yoursellf, you will be given a vote for participating.

Winner will be announced on September 5, 2011. You'll get a RAK from me.

Have fun!

Here's what I did with weaving:

ENTRIES

1. Joelle***

2. Cherished***
      1312996182_793_FT110199_august_weave_0011.jpg

3. Erin
      1313038610_18_FT110199_hug_.jpg

4. Robin

5. Lisa D
      1313104275_587_FT110199_sdc10246.jpg

6. Tammy***
      1313638351_23_FT110199_dsc_0896_.jpg

7. Tammy (simplyme)***
      1313956949_707_FT110199_full-lo-pic-1-for-web.gif

8. LaQuette***
      1314147071_431_FT110199_dsc_0111b.jpg

9. Peggy***
      1314196976_36_FT110199_so_tired.jpg

10. Sherri***
      1314228067_40_FT110199_photo_op_.jpg

11. Cheryl***
      1314483623_17_FT110199_sgc_get_your_weave_on.jpg

12. Jen***
      1314611341_177_FT110199_aug_2011_beach_gals_800_.jpg

Love your LO, Rae! I don't think I have ever done any weaving on a LO, so this should be fun! Thanks for the challenge!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Rae, what a great idea!!!!! And what a stunning example!!!!! I love the frame effect of the weaving and the gorgeous clusters!!!
        (Can we PRETEND to love the flocking flocking?)

AWESOME!! Great challenge…now to actually scrap!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh wow Rae!!!! What a gorgeous LO and what a great challenge. Hell, I'll even RAK someone who uses two flocks and really likes it. Don't be suprised though if the RAK is more flocking (slightly used) rubons! LOL!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

LOL, Maggi! You just reminded me that I didn't put that part in the first post!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Stunning page!!!! OMGoodness! I may have to play along. I'll use a flocking rub on BUT I WON'T like it! LOL

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Okay, you don't have to LOVE using the flocking rub ons! :P I really just want you guys to get rid of them. I must say, here in the dry, dry weather I have absolutely NO problems with them. It does help if you scratch them on and then wait a minute or so before you pull it off.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Well I definately gotta lea how to add my layouts. Wonderful example.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Nice challenge Rae! Well, except those flocking rub ons. Lol! I will give this challenge a try!

I'm sooo in! FLOCKING rub ons and all!! Muttering a little about them but think I have come up with a idea that my help me with them.. We will see.. Great challenge Rae! 🙂 Beautiful example Rae!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I'm gonna try and get this done, flocking rub ons and all. I'm not going to like it, HUMPH!!!

I haven't even tried them yet, are there issues with them?

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Depends. I hate them, I can't get them to rub off. Others like them and don't have a problem with them. It's 50/50.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Don't listen to Kim. There is a reason that we call it flocking flocking. :p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 210 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.